Tables keep getting too large for my small server

virtualpaul

Those tables keep getting large even though the store is not even opened yet.  Is there a way to prevent this:

ps_layered_filter_block.ibd = 574MB
         ps_connections.ibd = 18MB
         ps_guest.ibd = 17MB

I read that some statistic modules (or are they called extensions?) can be deactivated/removed to help this but I am not sure which one.  The ones suggested are not even in my list of installed modules.

You can uninstall any module providing data for PS statistics, the ones that say it adds data to the Stats dashboard, and rely on Google Analytics or similar.

You can also periodically empty the ps_connections tables and the ps_guest table which can grow very big.

12 hours ago, Rhobur said:

You can uninstall any module providing data for PS statistics, the ones that say it adds data to the Stats dashboard, and rely on Google Analytics or similar.

You can also periodically empty the ps_connections tables and the ps_guest table which can grow very big.

The problem is how to know which modules to uninstall.  I have no idea how to find which ones.

I have said above, 

the ones that say it adds data to the Stats dashboard

please pay attention!
E.g. Best Categories (Adds a list of the best categories to the Stats dashboard.), Best Customers (Adds a list of the best customers to the Stats dashboard.) etc.

On 3/6/2021 at 11:46 PM, Nickz said:

What kind of data is the ps_layered_filter_block.ibd = 574MB holding?

That is puzzling me too. It belongs to the Faceted search module. But the layered_filter_block table is rather new: it first appeared in Prestashop 1.7.6.

My suggestion would be: make a complaint at the Prestashop Github and try to install an older version of the module. 

Some additional research provided that Prestashop makes an entry in ps_layered_filter_block for each category the first time that you visit it. 

The table contains for each category a json structure and a hash. It looks like they are used to retrieve the product data for the page.

• 4 months later...

I resume this discussion for a problem
ps_layered_price_index for my shop is huge and I can't activate the module.

I have 7 languages and it generates a price reange for each product combined with each country and each language.
so for each product It generate 1715 rows in the table.
And I have 20000 products !!!

How can i Solve? thanks

On 3/6/2021 at 6:53 PM, virtualpaul said:

Those tables keep getting large even though the store is not even opened yet.  Is there a way to prevent this:

ps_layered_filter_block.ibd = 574MB
         ps_connections.ibd = 18MB
         ps_guest.ibd = 17MB

I read that some statistic modules (or are they called extensions?) can be deactivated/removed to help this but I am not sure which one.  The ones suggested are not even in my list of installed modules.

Try to optimize tables throught phpmyadmin. Just the automatic process often help.

Danny