General questions concerning Prestashop

vincent1975

Hello,

We are planning to change our internet site for our online shop, that is present in several countries, and we have no experience of Prestashop. We are considering this platform as a option, however we need to clarify the following points:

1. seems that Prestashop does not use strict types and it uses PHP5.4 code, while today PHP8 is used.
2. we have 130 000 references. Does it work well with Prestashop? we have some doubts about the management of big catalogue of references.
4. We have warehouses in the countries where we are. Can we show for each articles if they are in stock in Germany, Portugal, Russia....

5. We need also to link our stock to the stock of our suppliers, and show to our client (this is what is shown as partner stock on our product page)

Thank you!

7 hours ago, vincent1975 said:

Hello,

We are planning to change our internet site for our online shop, that is present in several countries, and we have no experience of Prestashop. We are considering this platform as a option, however we need to clarify the following points:

1. seems that Prestashop does not use strict types and it uses PHP5.4 code, while today PHP8 is used.
2. we have 130 000 references. Does it work well with Prestashop? we have some doubts about the management of big catalogue of references.
4. We have warehouses in the countries where we are. Can we show for each articles if they are in stock in Germany, Portugal, Russia....

5. We need also to link our stock to the stock of our suppliers, and show to our client (this is what is shown as partner stock on our product page)

Thank you!

I'd like to add on point #2, if you mean 130k products, you may experience slowness in PS 1.7.

While I have not personally tried using PS 1.7 with such a high number of products, I have seen several reports of people with over 50k products experiencing slow speeds.