Hello,

So I'm using Prestashop 1.7.7.1 and this is my server info:

Server information Linux #140-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jan 28 05:20:47 UTC 2021 x86_64

Server software version: Apache

PHP version: 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.7

Memory limit: 1024M

Max execution time: 600

Upload Max File size: 128M

This is a dedicated server and I run this webserver on a VM. The server itself has 2 Physical CPU and 128GB of RAM. The VM has 8 cores and 8GB of RAM.

I'm using Apache2.4.29 with MPM Event and PHP-FPM. 

So my website isn't slow but it's not snappy as the Prestashop Demo's you see online. Ofcourse I've lots o data already in the database but I think that it shouldn't be the reason.

I already tried to tune apache2 but with no visible increase in performance.

Any hints?

Hello,

I increased my VM specs to 32GB RAM and 32 Core (just because I can and to do not have the excuse of Hardware)

The store has 10.000 Products and I can't get a TTFB better than 1 second.

I have an average of 30 users active on the website (24h average).

I ruled out my network (internet) because if I try to access the website directly on my internal network I get similar TTFB.

I already tried to tune a bit PHP-FPM and so without any improvements.

Any help?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, do you have still this problem?

We had simillar problem with smaller shop and around 300 products. TTFB is around 500 - 1200 ms, and we tryied turn off most of modules, but we can only decress TTFB but no eliminate for good.

• 2 months later...

look for hosting with nvme to ssd or raid1, now only dedicated but maybe someone offering vps nvme, search

also check your phpmyadmin stats, we have never seen new hosting with correct mysql configuration...tune your mysql configuration!!!!!!

you should make a copy of your production, then you can test disabled of 3rd party modules and or overrides to see what affect that has on timings.

also check for remote api calls, this can be a process but look at your server https logs....and get plesk control panel as it's much better than cpanel to debug stuff.

improving hosting environment is economical

Best method (for us) was make a page mirror and like said @El Patron disable 3rd party modules, and after that disable modules from shop theme, and with that we could decrease TTFB from 1,5s to 0,3-0,5s, but that is no a solution. There is no sens, disable all requaried modules and make presta faster without content.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BIRDmeble said:

Best method (for us) was make a page mirror and like said @El Patron disable 3rd party modules, and after that disable modules from shop theme, and with that we could decrease TTFB from 1,5s to 0,3-0,5s, but that is no a solution. There is no sens, disable all requaried modules and make presta faster without content.

we been using dedicated nvme's but here is a bit of good news ovh now offers vps with nvme ssds at very reasonable price.  I thought of offering them off my dedicated nvem monster but we are not in the hosting business.

I'll repeat at nauseum,  if you don't tune your mysql configuration you will never get the speeds you want.

https://www.ovhcloud.com/en/vps/

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for the information, it's appreciated!

On 6/4/2021 at 7:12 PM, El Patron said:

I'll repeat at nauseum,  if you don't tune your mysql configuration you will never get the speeds you want.

El Patron, where can I find information of what the correct and proper mysql configuration are?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/28/2021 at 6:17 AM, redrum said:

Thanks all for the information, it's appreciated!

El Patron, where can I find information of what the correct and proper mysql configuration are?

Hi, sorry for late reply.  Generally we will run a loader.io job against the target shop and then review via phpmyadmin though our linux guru uses other tools.  Learn more here

https://phoenixnap.com/kb/improve-mysql-performance-tuning-optimization#ftoc-heading-16

using phpmyadmin, for size or other configuration infos you can learn what in your mysql conf needs to be changed.  Note: shared hosting usually do not give you access to that file.

image.thumb.png.4b68423d9df59b62a51c01e553ec02ad.png

• Like 1

Thanks El Patron!

I will look into this and try to figure out what is best for me.
Right now I'm on a dedicated server and run osCommerce for the production site.
But I work on a switch to Prestashop. And the company that host the dedicated server contacted me and offered me a switch to one of their hosted accounts.
So I need to find out if they have a hosted account that have enough performance for me.

1 hour ago, redrum said:

Thanks El Patron!

I will look into this and try to figure out what is best for me.
Right now I'm on a dedicated server and run osCommerce for the production site.
But I work on a switch to Prestashop. And the company that host the dedicated server contacted me and offered me a switch to one of their hosted accounts.
So I need to find out if they have a hosted account that have enough performance for me.

For hosting I recommend ukfast dedicated with nvme/ssd.  Note ovh released vps with nvme/ssd.  It's all about reading data.  

Before these hosting packages one nvme was 200usd a month on top of dedicated costs.

Nvme/ssd is a MUST HAVE.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hope future versions of PS can handle much better Index tables so the results come faster. Maybe a module - with dash panel that monitor directly from mysql with alerts of where to pay attention, and allow to partition a big table for example 🚀🚀. Have been in prestashop since 2005 - 7

Saludos from Chile 

Dani