[FREE MODULE] Know the url to call to update the currency exchange rate on PrestaShop 1.7

Mediacom87

Hi,

It's been a week since PrestaShop took the decision to remove some native modules from Github and also from the backoffice of your stores.

If some modules live their end of life with dignity, some disappear by causing major bocages in all PrestaShop 1.7 installations to this day and until this is corrected.

This is the case of the official cronjob module of PrestaShop which appeared years ago in response to the free module developed by Samdha.

Because, by making this module disappear from the PrestaShop backoffice, a functionality is unavailable, namely, the update of currency exchange rates in automatic mode.

I spread the information to PrestaShop and their teams with the help of a video to make the concern in an issue on Github clear.

I'll let you discover this video which seemed to me to be quite precise about the problem generated.

It seems that a correction will be proposed in a future version of PrestaShop as specified in this issue created following my alert.

In order not to penalize all the users of version 1.7 who want to update their exchange rate automatically with the module or solution of their choice I decided to develop a simple module that will reveal this url to you.

Download the module

• Like 4