Extra additional payment

Fons De Vrij

Hello all,

It may be a silly question of mine, but I'm a bit stuck.

When I get an order from a customer, I can modify this order in Prestashop's Back Office.

Suppose a customer wants to add something extra to his order, then I can add a product. After adding the product, the customer gets an email saying that his order has been changed. So far so good.

But in the back office at payments there is a red message, that the customer has already paid amount €xxx, but there is still an amount open.

How can I send the customer an "additional" payment request in Prestashop? to still get the full payment.

I can't seem to find how to do this, or maybe I'm overlooking it, or it's a certain tactic? 

ps: we are currently using a Shopify store and will be switching to Prestashop. In Shopify I automatically get the notification that there is an outstanding amount and there I can send the "extra" payment order directly to the customer.

Thanks in advance for the Feedback.

Greetings Fons

• 1 year later...

There are order statuses in the order. Just change the status of the order, which will send the customer an email with payment information.

Prestashop is a car that you got for free in basic equipment. If you want tunning, you need to solve it yourself or someone experienced will adjust it for you for a fee.

42 minutes ago, 4you.software said:

There are order statuses in the order. Just change the status of the order, which will send the customer an email with payment information.

Prestashop is a car that you got for free in basic equipment. If you want tunning, you need to solve it yourself or someone experienced will adjust it for you for a fee.

How the customer can pay the additional payment after they get the infos? they need a link to click and pay the extra like in Shopify... thanks

Prestashop should not allow additional products to be added to the order if the order is paid. Unfortunately. I understand what you need, but Prestashop has a complicated ordering process and it is almost impossible to manipulate a finished order. In this case, a new order is created in the administration, or there are free modules where you log in as a customer and create a new order.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as an additional payment. What you see in the order administration is read from five tables in the database. When you add a product, it writes it to the ps_order_detail table and then nothing.
It could certainly be adjusted, but it would end up with the payment method, where payment confirmation is expected.