Google Analytics 4 and Prestashop Metrics

al404

After installing Metrics module and configuring Google Analytics model with account ID I can't get data into analytics

Looking at page source code instead of using gtag( it embed ga( code

Any way to get it working correctly ?

Any other FREE module?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2021 at 6:38 AM, Nickz said:

Piwik now Matomom best there is. DSGVO conform

IMHO stay away from Google tracking.

I don't agree with this .. if you dont want to slow down your site using built-in states, then Google Tracking is the way to go.

1 hour ago, MaXi32 said:

I don't agree with this .. if you dont want to slow down your site using built-in states, then Google Tracking is the way to go

Matomo works same way as GA with external script and it can be installed on separate server

3 hours ago, MaXi32 said:

I don't agree with this .. if you dont want to slow down your site using built-in states, then Google Tracking is the way to go.

Google scripts/fonts are the main reasons sites slow down.

Don't look at Google as your Savior, for Google we are a product.

15 hours ago, JBW said:

Matomo works same way as GA with external script and it can be installed on separate server

My bad because I did not know what Matomo was, I thought you were referring to a module that use internal database as stats.

12 hours ago, Nickz said:

Google scripts/fonts are the main reasons sites slow down.

Don't look at Google as your Savior, for Google we are a product.

I'm not a big fan of Google (and I agree Google is not a good product when it comes to privacy). From what you are saying above, I think any external scripts or fonts can slow down your site if network issue happens. So, it is not just a Google issue.

What my previous point mean is, you should never rely on the Prestashop stats that will fill up your database day by day, unless that you have a dedicated database for your Prestashop. So, you should rely on external tracking script such as Google Analytic or Matomo (as mentioned by @JBW ). Using external tracking analytic can increase site performance. There is a nice blog talking about performance impact here if you use Prestashop stats and they recommend using external tracking: https://canonicalized.com/prestashop-speed-optimization/?section=prestashop-performance-options . 

Since we are discussing about Prestashop Metrics, I do have question. In the latest version of Prestashop Metrics, it does however support linking with Google Analytic. However, it stated in the notification saying this:

image.thumb.png.928ea77f9f651149e5d07bbe31591ea3.png

It said that it only support Google Analytics up to version 3 if using Google Analytic module developed by Prestashop. But for version 4 it is a paid module.

When I click on Google Analytics module link above, it automatically install Google Analytics version 4. This is kinda bug here regarding to this notification. Perhaps the version 4 is working fine now? The reason I say this because Prestashop automatically install GA version 4 not the version 3. Anyone have thought about this? 

EDIT:

It's ok, I misunderstood the previous notification. It did not say that the module is version 4 but it said the module only support version 3 and under. So, the module is working fine but it does not support GA 4 tracking code.

Edited by MaXi32
add more details (see edit history)