Downloading huge amount of images. How to?

Henrik41

I am building a shop with over 15K products. I have about 48K images.

There is no way I can wait for the import to download 48K images in different sizes as this gives me errors and is time consuming.

My understanding is that Prestashop creates a file called img/p and inside I see files corresponding to numbers... (what are those numbers??)

Is there a way to upload all those images and associate them with their corresponding reference?

How did other people manage to upload that much images?

Many thanks

First of all: images are stored in a tree with one figure per level. So the image that in your database has id_image = 123 can be found as /img/p/1/2/3/123.jpg.

All the other images in that directory (like 123-small.jpg) are derived from this image. When you click on the button "regenerate images" they are created (again).

Filezilla has a search option in external files. That way you can make that you only download the core images and not the derived images (search for files that do not contain '-'). Of course in that case you would need to regenerate them locally.

Another option is csv files. You can define there a path to an image. Of course in that case you don't have control over what id the images get.