Prestashop 1.7.6.8 and Dreamhost -> can't login to back office after a while

rollastre

I found this issue to happen here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11335073/prestashop-cant-login-in-admin

and here

But I tried those solutions and they don't work for me. They seem to be too old and they apply to 1.6.

The issue is that the shop works fine, the back office works fine. But eventually, when I try to login again to the back office from the login page it bounces me back to the same login page. At the beginning, clearing the cookies helped. But now that doesn't work either and the only solution is to change browser (from Chrome to Firefox, then Edge, then Explorer) and when none of them work anymore, then I have to change computer. At some point, I won't be able to login at all.

I tried to change the PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP value in ps_configuration table from 0 to 1, but it doesn't help.

I am running with the PS_SSL_ENABLED and PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE to 1 too. PHP version in the server is 7.2 (which is the recommended one).

I enabled the developer mode (define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);) too, but no error is given. No stack trace, nothing in the server's log files either.

I don't know what could it be. Maybe the Dreamhost shared hosting? Why does it work when I use another browser or computer?

The shop is here https://www.logomask.es

Can please anybody help me? I am running out of options here! Thank you very much in advance

• 6 months later...

Sorry, I don't know of a solution for this. In my case, using another brand new browser does the trick for a while until it gets spoiled. Not very nice admittedly, but you can always make a new one in a new virtual machine on purpose to do this. I wish I could give you a better option. But that is all I have.

It is good though that more people get this error. Maybe some day someone eventually finds an explanation and a solution. If you ever find one, please leave a link to it here.

• 1 year later...
On 12/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, Lediona95 dice:

Hello, may i ask how did you managed to solve this problem? Same thing has happened to me and its been weeks i cant resolve it. 😌

Hello,I've the same problem.
have you solved it maybe and how?

thank you

On 11/2/2021 at 3:50 PM, rollastre dice:

I found this issue to happen here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11335073/prestashop-cant-login-in-admin

and here

But I tried those solutions and they don't work for me. They seem to be too old and they apply to 1.6.

The issue is that the shop works fine, the back office works fine. But eventually, when I try to login again to the back office from the login page it bounces me back to the same login page. At the beginning, clearing the cookies helped. But now that doesn't work either and the only solution is to change browser (from Chrome to Firefox, then Edge, then Explorer) and when none of them work anymore, then I have to change computer. At some point, I won't be able to login at all.

I tried to change the PS_COOKIE_CHECKIP value in ps_configuration table from 0 to 1, but it doesn't help.

I am running with the PS_SSL_ENABLED and PS_SSL_ENABLED_EVERYWHERE to 1 too. PHP version in the server is 7.2 (which is the recommended one).

I enabled the developer mode (define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);) too, but no error is given. No stack trace, nothing in the server's log files either.

I don't know what could it be. Maybe the Dreamhost shared hosting? Why does it work when I use another browser or computer?

The shop is here https://www.logomask.es

Can please anybody help me? I am running out of options here! Thank you very much in advance

@rollastre.
Have you maybe solved this issue?

thank you

• 1 month later...