Shipping defaults to free when 2 products with different carriers are used (SOLVED)

rob fuller

Hi

I am using 1.7.7.1 with the standard packages.

No stock control

One zone - UK

I have 3 carriers: No handling costs on any. Max size and weight set to 0 on all three carriers

pick up from store - free
small packet 0-10kg £6.80
Carrier (large items) 11-15kg £20; 15-25Kg £30; 25-1000kg £35

There is only 1 large product and that is set to pick up from store and carrier (large items)
All the other products are spare parts and they are set to pick up from store and small packet

When a pare part is in the cart the shipping options are correct (pick up from store and small packet)
When a large product is in the cart the shipping options are correct (pick up from store and Carrier (large items)

When a spare part AND large item is in the cart it gives pick up from store only.
It should be pick up from store and Carrier (large items). I don't want to charge both the small packet and the Carrier (large items) postage.

I have spent hours on this but feel there is a simple solution I have overlooked.

Is it a permutation of the out of range setting? Setting the grade correctly.

I would appreciate someone to point me in the right direction. Thank you

SOLVED

I had to enable the spare parts to send with all 3 carriers.
On it's own it would go with small packet.
If sent with a larger item it would be 'allowed' to go by Carrier (large items)

Edited by rob fuller (see edit history)

• rob fuller changed the title to Shipping defaults to free when 2 products with different carriers are used (SOLVED)