error during prestashop upgrade from 1.7.5.1 to 1.7.7.1 database access denied for my user

farzzin

HELLO every one,

hope you all doing well

i have a problem upgrading my Prestashop site version 1.7.5.1 to the last version released by now 1.7.7.1

I'm using 1 click auto upgrade and during update when it goes for upgrading database it throws an error as below:

SQL 1.7.7.0 1044 in ALTER DATABASE `DB_NAME` CHARACTER SET = utf8mb4 COLLATE = utf8mb4_general_ci: Access denied for user 'axrotoos_prnt'@'localhost' to database 'DB_NAME'Error during database upgrade

Error upgrading Doctrine schema

I want to know if anyone of you can tell me what's the exact cause of this issue?

I tried to clear "prod" and "dev" folders from var/cache but it didn't solve my issue. also i created a line in "parameters.php" to define "db_name" and assign my database name to it but it didn't work too

please help me on this, thanks

thanks for your reply @JBW and @Rhobur

actually I'm using Cpanel and my username is assigned to database and it has all privileges

I don't know how to use root or how is it possible that my username doesn't have enough privileges to change database

its important to mention I'm using a shared hosting