Printful Error 500, Webservice ON/OFF, Enable CGI mode for PHP

Hello everyone! :)

I host with HostGator. I have installed PrestaShop 3 times, and the shop works great, but I am still unable to connect to Printful. I've tried everything, from disabling friendly URLs, to deleting the cache, to disabling other modules. Nothing works.

I keep getting Error 500 after I click on "Connect" from the PrestaShop/Printful module dashboard. 

spacer.png

"Enable CGI mode for PHP" is definitely enabled, but the Printful module still sees it as it being off I think (see pic below). 

spacer.png

See how it's already set to ON:

spacer.png

You can even see the "webservice" being set to 0 (off) in the address bar. This is just my assumption. Changing it to "1" while it's loading doesn't work either.

spacer.png

If I enable the Debug mode, my website crashes all together, thus not showing me any error logs (at least not from my PrestaShop admin). 

Again, 3 fresh manual installations, no mods, and no changes. 

My store/hosting info:

spacer.png

Please help. :(

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...

bartlaw- what hosting do you have?

I tried installing it multiple times, disabling modules, not installing the demo. You name it, I tried it. Worst of all is hearing your hosting saying there’s nothing wrong with them and to contact PrestaShop, to get no answers to be told to ask Printful who says to ask your hosting. A very frustrating loop. :( I’m giving up on PrestaShop.

• 5 months later...

I installed Prestashop 1.7.7.5 yesteday on Ubuntu 20 coupled with Nginx and php 7.4 

Ran into install issues that I solved by making sure the install.php files were chmod 744

Once shop was up and configured, I tried coupling it with Printful. Added the module, everything was fine until I tried to import products from Printful. 

That's when I see the dreaded 

Product was not added!

500 Internal Server Error occurred! Please check your server logs for a detailed issue description.

So, I downgraded to prestashop_1.7.7.3, since this was a brand new install anyway, as someone mentioned that this version worked with printful. 

I reach the step of adding products from Printful. Nope, same error.

Product was not added!

500 Internal Server Error occurred! Please check your server logs for a detailed issue description.

I've used phppsinfo.php to ensure that I have the correct permissions and php modules set. My Nginx server has it all. Webservice and CGI mode are on. The only thing I do not use is Memcached.

Now I see here that php 7.4 is the issue? 

I downgraded to php 7.2 on a whim because I have that installed too. That breaks the prestashop store. I tried 7.3.29 instead, and guess what? Now the printful adding of products works! The product is now added to the shop without issues.

I'll let printful know about this as well.

Edited by dabitch
spelling errors fixed (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hello , i would like to ask if someone get my same prob.

Prestashop 1.7.8.9 Php 7.4

Shop Work fine , but if i change in Php cgi  7.4 or 7.3 cgi

i will get Internal Error only in backoffice , while in frontoffice Work

Kindly ask if someone have suggestion about this issue

Thanks
Regards