Prestashop 1.7 - Product Image combination allocation

Creativeartsupplies

Heres a common example a product we have. 

Parent product, with at least 50 combinations.

Product type could be paint, brushes e.t.c

We create the product and combinations then add all 50 images of each combination. Heres the part where prestashop completely fails. After adding all the images, we then have to go to each combination to assign the default image. We are looking at a grid of small images, the difference of each image is quite subtle, its extremely difficult to tell which image is the right one to pick.

We used to be able to hover over the image and we would get an image title to work with so that we then knew which one to pick, but now this doesn't happen in 1.7. We have 100's of parent products with this problem. I have uploaded an admin image to show the issue. You are looking at the image selection page to assign to a combination. We hover over the image and we get an image ID_small_default instead of the actual image name. Its an extremely difficult task, we are hoping to complete the rest of our work in a more suitable way. 

Any suggestions on how to make this easier

image.png

I have the same problem. The only way to get around this is to use the import function. If you import the products with images the correct images are immediately linked properly.

The attribute images can be added in the /image/co/ folder with the attribute id as image name. Don't practice this in a live shop but a test shop!

Still i like to see the hover option in a next release.