Store fails to start and Admin inaccessible

I am new to PrestaShop 1.7.7.1 and tried a fresh install on my server.  PHP 7.3 on Ubuntu 20.x.

The installation goes fine, database connection test works.  When I try to go to the store I get a 500 Error (Database connection from logs) and when I got to the admin page I get a more explicate error:

Oops... looks like an unexpected error occurred.

An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Ujimcom'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

[Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException 0]

I know the database connection is correct, it installed properly, not sure what is causing the problem here.  The only issue is I didn't use a Table prefix as I use PLESK which doesn't add one.  Would love to try this package for my eCOM store.

Thanks,

Greg

Here is a dump of the PROD.LOG error which may help:

[2021-01-21 17:02:56] request.CRITICAL: Uncaught PHP Exception Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\ConnectionException: "An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Ujimcom'@'localhost' (using password: YES)" at /var/www/vhosts/jimcom.us/shop.jimcom.us/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php line 93 {"exception":"[object] (Doctrine\\DBAL\\Exception\\ConnectionException(code: 0): An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Ujimcom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/vhosts/jimcom.us/shop.jimcom.us/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/AbstractMySQLDriver.php:93, Doctrine\\DBAL\\Driver\\PDOException(code: 1045): SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Ujimcom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/vhosts/jimcom.us/shop.jimcom.us/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:31, PDOException(code: 1045): SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'Ujimcom'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /var/www/vhosts/jimcom.us/shop.jimcom.us/vendor/doctrine/dbal/lib/Doctrine/DBAL/Driver/PDOConnection.php:27)"} []

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I am also on a new installation of PrestaShop 1.7.7.1, and I encountered the same scenario (except that I only had one% in my password).
I just change the password, to remove the only% I had.
The installation was successful following the change.