Search Results to return products AND product combinations/attributes

Thorben

Hi there,

i have the feeling that my concern has been touched in some threads already partially or solutions given did not worked out for me. If i overlooked a thread, apologize!

Request:

My shop has products with many attributes/combinations such as size, color, patterns etc. Each product combination has its own price and its own reference number. 

If i search for a reference number or a specific pattern, color size etc, the search returns only the main product(s), which contain the requested combination/attribute but not the combination itself. You have to click on the main product and navigate through to the right combination. 

Is there a way to extent the search results to bring instead of the main product with the default image all combinations that fit the search? Same for the category view?

Prestashop Version: 1.7.7.1

---

This thread seems to be close, but 1) my knowledge on prestashop is limited, i couldn't find the classes, 2) the code suggestion was too incomplete for me to understand 3) It seems like the result will bring you directly to the product page, however i would like to have a  kind of category page with combinations.

Your help is very much appreciated 🙂

Best regards

Thorben

Edited by Thorben (see edit history)