ShipStation Integration

PeterBarber

Greetings

We have been unable to configure ShipStation with out PS cart. We're running V. 1.6.0.13

Here are the ShipStation instructions:

Your PrestaShop store can be integrated with ShipStation in just minutes. To grant ShipStation access to your PrestaShop web site, please follow the instructions below.

In your PrestaShop Admin site, go to Advanced Parameters > Webservice.

Click the Add New button to create a new key.

Click the Generate! button and then enter a description such as ShipStation Access Key.

Copy the Key value to the corresponding field below.

Select the checkbox to View ALL resources.

Select the checkbox to Modify the resources orders and order_carriers.

Click the Save button to save your changes.

Select the "Yes" option to Enable PrestaShop's Webservice.

Ensure that URL Rewriting has been enabled on your server (mod_rewrite on Apache servers). Note, if ShipStation has trouble authenticating with your server, you may need to add a .htaccess file to your webservices directory. This file should contain the following rule:

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
   RewriteEngine on
   RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]
   </IfModule>

Enter the URL of your store below. Use HTTPS if possible. (e.g. https://www.mystore.com)

Click Test Connection to see if the steps you followed worked correctly.

Click on Finish to make this store active in ShipStation

When we enter the Web Service Key & Store URL into Shipstation's configuration screen, we get the following error message:

Store Configuration

{"Message":"Unable to connect to the marketplace! Error: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."}

I had the hosting company add the .htaccess file to the webservices directory, but we are still not able to connect. Any suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Hi

I just installed 1.7 yesterday. Even got the PayPal system to work ... I think. I have been trying to setup a web store for a client since December. The latest problem is with ShipStation.

ShipStation is finding the server but the test kicks out "We received an error testing the PrestaShop store: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found." In my logs, I find "File does not exist: /var/www/html/api/countries". I've checked the shipping mod and even the install files. No such directory for /api/countries. What am I missing?

I'm also getting this error when I try to get any mods inside the website. I have been working on this project way to long. Please help.

Screenshot from 2021-03-22 10-26-28.png

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

All,

I might be able to answer the above question about the proper settings to connect to ShipStation, but I'm also having other issues that I'm hoping someone can assist.   As there are up to four time zone possibilities for me, I'm wondering if that's my issue. 

Anyway, when you set up PrestaShop in ShipStation, the following URL should be used:  https://yourdomain.com.  Add the webservice key that you obtain by following ShipStation directions and it should test OK.

image.png.8ab892d2c2f7991777de9088317847b5.png

To facilitate the above, I have SSL enabled on all pages and the ShipStation module installed on my 1.7.8.2 store.

Back to my issue.  While my PrestaShop connection tests fine in ShipStation and I can import orders at first, I can't add any new orders after syncing again.  My order status numbers match up perfectly with those that ShipStation requires.  It's like the ShipStation "refresh" button isn't working.  After contacting ShipStation support, they can manually refresh it fine and new orders show up, so it appears their front end refresh isn't working.  I've been trying to launch this new store for 10 days now, but ShipStation has a 2-3 week support backlog. They tell me I might need to adjust the time zone, so I found four possible time zones for the New York area (US/Eastern, America/New York, ETC-GMT-5, and EST5EDT).  Why does PrestaShop have FOUR timezones for my area?  If you are currently using ShipStation and PrestaShop, which time zone setting are you using for both ends?

I spent the last 5 weeks prepping this new store and spending money only to be stopped at the finish line by ShipStation integration.  I have used ShipStation for years, so I know how it works.  I'm out of options and frustrated.   I will send $50 USD to anyone that can shed any light on this situation as there are very few shipping services that have PrestaShop integrations.  Thanks.

• Like 1