Problem with 1.6 search

markovo

Hello,

The search function in my shop does not work as I want it to. Here is an example:
When I type "Mavic 2" I get the following results in ajax instant search:

1. Mavic Air 2 / DJI Mini 2 RC Cable
  2. DJI Mavic Air 2
  3. DJI Mavic Air 2 Fly More Combo
  4. DJI Mavic Air 2 (NFS)
  5. DJI Mavic 2 Pro Camera Drone
  6. DJI Mavic 2 Zoom Camera Drone

In other words the product I am looking for is down the line. Searching "osmo pocket" for example gives me this results:osmo.PNG.e4c68035f574162e34abb4fb56336c71.PNG

Is there any way to tell the search engine to display the main prodicts first and then their accessories?

My search configuration is as follows and I use JoliSearch module:

search1.PNG.f22328340d9311fb917ab114216b3549.PNGsearch2.PNG.543142a10d5523f07071a0aa4d405fc1.PNG

Edited by markovo
Changing title (see edit history)

First of all, that "2" in  "Mavic 2" won't work. Prestashop has a minimum length of 3 positions. 

The logical approach would be to increase the search weight of the main product. But of course that will be hard when you have the weight for description, tags, etc set to zero.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

First of all, that "2" in  "Mavic 2" won't work. Prestashop has a minimum length of 3 positions. 

The logical approach would be to increase the search weight of the main product. But of course that will be hard when you have the weight for description, tags, etc set to zero.

But I set the "Minimum word length (in characters)" to 1 character and as you can see typing "2" in the search bar works:rere.PNG.51014febf5038ef6dba39cb8ad28d539.PNG

I just can't understand why typing "Mavic 2" brings "Mavic Air 2" in first place:

dtry.PNG.e0539829b520f00048f5e2781fd2ae6c.PNG

3 hours ago, markovo said:

I just can't understand why typing "Mavic 2" brings "Mavic Air 2" in first place:

Why not? 

Distance between key words plays no role in the Prestashop search algorithm. And as all products have the same weight for those keywords the determining factor becomes the way they happen to be stored.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, musicmaster said:

Why not? 

Distance between key words plays no role in the Prestashop search algorithm. And as all products have the same weight for those keywords the determining factor becomes the way they happen to be stored.

Well, that's unfortunate... Thank you for your answers. It's more clear to me now.

14 hours ago, El Patron said:

for some time, last few years we moved several clients to elastic search, here are addon'S for 1.6

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/search?search_query=elastic&compatibility=1.6.1&

Will it work in my case?