Shipping Costs With Additional Shipping Charge

Jeffrey Beattie

Hello,

Version 1.7.6.7

I have a problem regarding the shipping cost for single and multiply items.

I have 4 shipping options created, I use the weight of the cart to decide what carrier is selected and what cost is charged. 

Shipping Options are:

1. Regular Postage = 0-2kg £3.20 charge 
  2. Courier = 0-30kg £6 , Additonal Shipping Cost Disabled,  30-60kg £12,           60-90kg £18,          etc,etc up to 6 parcels 180kg
  3. 1/2 Pallet Delivery = 20-500kg Additonal Shipping Cost Disabled £30
  4. Full Pallet Delivery = 20-1000kg Additonal Shipping Cost Disabled £60

Example:

1. For some of my products I have an Additional Shipping Charge of £2 added to cover the cost of the packaging. This is generally on items over 13kg So when a product of 14kg is added to the cart the shipping cost will be £6 + £2 additional shipping cost. Cart total will be the cost of the item and £8 shipping.
  2. If I add 2 x 14kg items to the cart total weight is 28kg. Cart total will be cost of the item and £10 shipping cost. 

This is how i expect that to work and I have no problem with it. 

My issue is on the 3rd and 4th Pallet Delivery option, I have the Additonal Shipping Cost box disabled. But when i add the items to the cart it is still adding in and charging the Additonal Shipping Rate of £2

Example:

I add 20 items x 20kg so a cart combined weight is 400kg, the cost for shipping should be £30. But it is displaying the shipping cost of £70. 

Has anyone come accross this issue and is there a simple fix.?

Thanks in advance

1678900327_AdditonalShippingChargeOnProduct.thumb.JPG.1fab5188fba131e482258945b4d03b7f.JPG

1195935904_AdditonalShippingChargeOnProduct1.thumb.JPG.8d3a53d4d726cc79bc2d7556d4308190.JPG

1551965412_AdditonalShippingChargeOnProduct2.JPG.c4d89f30f7a7518445d34bf13e0dc4a8.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

It sounds like you're having an issue with the additional shipping cost being charged even though it's disabled for the 3rd and 4th pallet delivery options. This may be caused by a configuration error in your shipping options or a bug in your PrestaShop version.

Here are a few things you can check to help resolve the issue:

Check the weight ranges of your shipping options to make sure they're set up correctly. Make sure that the weight range for the 3rd and 4th pallet delivery options is higher than the weight of the items you're adding to the cart.

Make sure that the "Additional Shipping Cost" option is unchecked for the 3rd and 4th pallet delivery options. You can do this by editing the carrier in the "Shipping" section of your PrestaShop back office.

Check for any overrides or customizations in your theme or modules that may be affecting the shipping cost calculation.

Try upgrading your PrestaShop version to the latest available release to see if the issue has been fixed.

If none of the above suggestions resolve the issue, you may need to reach out to PrestaShop support or a developer for further assistance.

Edited by lilon3 (see edit history)