upgrading 1.7.6.4 to 1.7.7.1 with 1-click - send email not working

Dear all,

After successful upgrading to 1.7.7.1 now mail alerts not working, new order , test email all not working 

I tried SMTP also not working following error is showing

====================================

Error: Please check your configuration

Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "[email protected]" using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ".

====================================

php version  7.3

any help ?

Edited by Xr.7 (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
18 ore fa, Nickz dice:

first send a testmail and see if your mailsever works.

Fresh install new server first time? Mail is set up?

- Test email doesn't work
this is the last message I receive: "Failed to authenticate on SMTP server with username "..." using 2 possible authenticators. Authenticator LOGIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data ". Authenticator PLAIN returned Expected response code 235 but got code "535", with message "535 Incorrect authentication data "."

- Yes, first time install (on siteground)

- Yes, for mail is all set up (parameters, password, ssl etc everything is correct).

thank you

4 hours ago, xrdm said:

- Yes, first time install (on siteground)

Bad choice, if shared well good luck with fighting that one out with their staff. I hope you are lucky and catch them on a good day. If VPS or dedicated you are in charge to make i.e. Exim work.

4 hours ago, xrdm said:

- Test email doesn't work

59 minuti fa, Nickz dice:

Bad choice, if shared well good luck with fighting that one out with their staff. I hope you are lucky and catch them on a good day. If VPS or dedicated you are in charge to make i.e. Exim work.

yes true, i have already had experience with siteground support and they have not been able to give me a solution

• 2 months later...
On 9/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, xrdm said:

yes true, i have already had experience with siteground support and they have not been able to give me a solution

In the latest Prestashop version you are no longer allowed to use PHP Sendmail(). Instead you should use the SMTP option that requires a password.

• Like 1