Combine multiple products into one shipping package based on size

I have been trying to figure this out for a long time and searching online I can't seem to find anything to help.

My store (currently under construction) will offer multiple different products all with varying weights and sizes. I am currently situated in Japan and shipping methods here are restricted to volumetric size and weight limits. For example, a box with maximum combined height, width and depth up to 60cm and maximum weight of 2kg would cost $25 dollars to send. I can easily set this up within the BO. 

If I have a product that is 20cmx10cmx10cm, it will fit into a box of 20cmx20cmx20cm. If I add one of those into my basket it will calculate that the shipping will cost $25, because it fits all of the limitations. However if add multiple of those items to the basket, PrestaShop does not calculate that the products exceed the box size and keeps the same shipping. The weight is still within the limit so I believe that's why it calculates that. I want to have my store calculate if ALL items in the cart will fit into the boxes for each shipping box size I set.

In my test case I have a product that is W15 H20 D19 and 200g. I have a shipping option added that is max box size of W20 H20 D20 and 2kg.

I can add 10 of these items to the basket and it is still calculated as shipping costing just the price of what ONE would cost, that is one BOX. 10 of these items will not fit into one box, so I want PrestShop to calculate which box they will fit depending on quantities of items added and their size. 

1x product at 19x19x19 + 1x product 15x15x15 will not with the 30x30x30 box, but because each individual item is under 30x30x30, it is calculated that it will.

Is this possible to do without purchasing a module? Please let me know if my question is unclear as I'll try my best to explain again. 

Thanks!

Edited by movinq (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Glen MacPherson said:

I very much need an answer to this question, so I am waiting as well.

I've been searching constantly for the last two days and have even tried a workaround using weight, but it just doesn't seem to be possible without using a module.

I have found a module called Advanced Shipping Rules by motionSeed online and it does exactly what we need. You can also get 20% off easily. I think I'll bite the bullet and install it, it seems pretty powerful in what it can do.

• Like 1