PS 1.7.7 Where to configure scandic letters in URL

Hi,

Where is that place in files where to change how certain letters behave in URLs?

I use scandic letters like Ä, Ö, Å and when product name has those letters "pretty url" looks awful. Ä should be A (without dots) not AE like it's defined.

Example: päämääränä looks like this: paeaemaeaeraenae

I want it to look like this without changing url every time when creating product in BO: paamaarana

This should be already set up correctly when installing PrestaShop. Everytime PS is upgraded this setting is reseted.

Hi, 

Prestashop calls that accented URL option, in case you use Prestashop 1.7 version here is an image where you can find it :

screenshot-addonsps1771.prestaforce.com-2021_01.14-18_40_43.thumb.png.7938445c8e1f1e7d20c9382377644361.png

In Ps 1.6 you can find the same under Perferences===> SEO and Traffic. 

Once this option activated you can use special characters in the URL's. 

Cheers, 

LEo

Thank you Leo @ Prestachamps.

This option sets up special characters in URLs. I'd like for example ä character to be a. I still need to make changes in product. We don't use special characters in URLs.

There is a place in files where this could be set up. I have done it before in another installation. Just can't remember where I did it and I also didn't make notes for myself about it.

Hi,

most probably you've done that modification inside the controller /class and not done it in an override, this is why it has been lost after each upgrade.

The best and recommended way is to create an override and implement your change there, so this will be kept after upgrades.

Kind regards, Leo