Google Analytics does not track ecommerce info

sebaj80

Hi! Google Analytics does not track ecommerce info, Does anyone know how to fix it?

• I have Prestashop 1.7.7 installed with the free / official Prestashop module.
  • I have activated the ecommerce option in the GA panel
  • Both Visits and my own events are shown without any problem
  • The ec.js file loads without problems
  • It happens with all my clients Prestashop websites.

Thanks!

Sebastian

• Like 1

Hi , 

Did you checked with Tag Assistant? (I suppose you did, when you say events are showed) 

just take an older version of the module, and upload it . Frankly We're one of the first Tagmanager module developers(back in 2015), I never paid that much attention to PS's Analytics, however I'll check it tomorrow, just to reconfirm the same behaviour.

Cheers, 

Leo 

9 minutes ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Hi , 

Did you checked with Tag Assistant? (I suppose you did, when you say events are showed) 

just take an older version of the module, and upload it . Frankly We're one of the first Tagmanager module developers(back in 2015), I never paid that much attention to PS's Analytics, however I'll check it tomorrow, just to reconfirm the same behaviour.

Cheers, 

Leo 

Hi Leo! Thank you very much for your reply.

I haven't known about Tag Assistant, however I did a try some minutes ago and everything is ok.

Where I can find an older version? Is it compatible with Ps 1.7.7 ?

The thing is I want to analyze cart dropout so I thought that I can do that with Google Analytics module and all the GA ecommerce stuff.

I there any option to analyze cart dropout? 

Thank you very much!

Analyzing Bailout on Carts is not that simple especially that the Prestashop checkout page is a one page checkout approach.

Everything is happening on the same page (it can be done as each tab on the checkout can be configured to be a new step) or you'll see only 2 columns in the statistics, the entering and existing (bailout part) . I would search for a module which offers the goal, and funnel overview. 

Cheers, 

Leo

I'm getting back to you with the test

It work's! Took almost 2 hours to sync, and see the data, but it's working as expected!

Can you recheck and see if something changed? 

You didn't shared the URL yet, but maybe you can send it on a PM? (happy to check it up)

Cheers, 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

I'm getting back to you with the test

It work's! Took almost 2 hours to sync, and see the data, but it's working as expected!

Can you recheck and see if something changed? 

You didn't shared the URL yet, but maybe you can send it on a PM? (happy to check it up)

Cheers, 

Hi! I have some questions just to verify something:

- Did you see ecommerce info in GA?

- Could you send me a screenshot for the info you are seeing in google analytics?

- Are you using GA module 4.0 for in Prestashop 1.7.7?

- What GA code are you using? the normal code UA or the new one you told me?

Sorry, I hate how Ps handles the answers on posts. 

I'll answer to your questions :

1.- absolutely I wouldn't have said it's working. 

2. Not that my word wouldn't be enough, but here is the screenshot ;) 

3. The module version is 4.0.0.

4.Nope- I was using the UA code!

In case you need access to the fresh installed store, let me know. Wouldn't be a problem, just send me an email on PM. I can give you access to the fresh Analytics account as well, but if I could throw a look on your URL would make more sense. Won't you agree? ;)

Cheers, 

Leo

screenshot-analytics.google.com-2021.01.15-19_27_25.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Sorry, I hate how Ps handles the answers on posts. 

I'll answer to your questions :

1.- absolutely I wouldn't have said it's working. 

2. Not that my word wouldn't be enough, but here is the screenshot ;) 

3. The module version is 4.0.0.

4.Nope- I was using the UA code!

In case you need access to the fresh installed store, let me know. Wouldn't be a problem, just send me an email on PM. I can give you access to the fresh Analytics account as well, but if I could throw a look on your URL would make more sense. Won't you agree? ;)

Cheers, 

Leo

screenshot-analytics.google.com-2021.01.15-19_27_25.png

Hi Leo! thank you very much!

I am very sorry if some of my quetions sound like "distrustful". It is my analyst personality which wants to re check the info hehehe :)

I have 2 clients:

One of them you couldn't access because is private site
The other site is www.ropelato.com.ar

I think the best way to continue with this is just install a fresh prestashop test site in my client test hosting just to have full control of everything which I need to try. (also google analytics accounts).

Anyway, thank you very much for all your help and offer me the site access. :)

I will keep you informed when I do the test.

Have a nice weekend!

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, 

It's not you it's me, I got a really long day ;). 

I made a 2 minutes check and there is something wrong with data at least on the site I checked: 

https://www.ropelato.com.ar/pedido (this is the order page) 

However the tag shows the following info: The Even category is home guest users: ????/ home_guest_users

than before payment I have home logged user  - this is fine!

The order confirmation page Confirmación de pedido - this seems fine - whatsoever...

Anyhow let me know if you need my help ;) 

Happy Weekend, 

LEo

13 minutes ago, Leo @ Prestachamps said:

Hi Sebastian, 

It's not you it's me, I got a really long day ;). 

I made a 2 minutes check and there is something wrong with data at least on the site I checked: 

https://www.ropelato.com.ar/pedido (this is the order page) 

However the tag shows the following info: The Even category is home guest users: ????/ home_guest_users

than before payment I have home logged user  - this is fine!

The order confirmation page Confirmación de pedido - this seems fine - whatsoever...

Anyhow let me know if you need my help ;) 

Happy Weekend, 

LEo

Thank you Leo!

I will do some test in a new test site . I have cancelled your order before my client kill me hhahaha.

Best regards!

Seba

• 1 year later...

Hello Leo, Paolo here,

I installed the GA module Prestashop (version 4.03) entering my UA ID. I log into the google analytics profile and see all the data correctly.
Unfortunately I don't see the data in the prestashop 1.7.8.3 control panel. Do you have any idea why?

Tks for your time.

Edited by mirkodescalchi (see edit history)

Hi, 

All options you see on the lefthand menu are separate modules. Make sure you install and activate all stat's modules in Prestashop. 

Go to the Modules Catalog section - search for stats and add all free PS related modules. 

Once those are done it will start populating the data. 

Make sure also that the "Data Mining for Statistic " module (Core Prestashop module) is activated as well. 

I hope it helps, 

Leo

• Thanks 1