CSV import issues (price changes and images get duplicated)

Hi,

I found serious problems with the CSV import functionality and I'm at my wits end. I need to Export, edit, and then again Import back edited products. However, for some reason the price of all products changes after Import, the images get duplicated, and if a category contains the comma e.g."Tea, Coffee & Water", it is considered a delimiter and new categories "Tea" and "Coffee & Water" are created as a result. These issues happen even if I don't edit anything.

I tried to delete products before Importing the edited ones, but that removes all images and combinations. So I forced ID's on import, which works for updating products, but then I get the duplicated product images. I think the problem with the price change is "Impact on price". I found no help googling this problem, only a few people who apparently dropped Prestashop for another platform because of this. So I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know where this "Impact on price" comes from and how to disable it or how to bulk-modify it for all products manually in the BO or in the DB?
  2. Does anyone know how to re-Import edited CSV so that the images don't get duplicated?

PS: 1.7.7.1
PHP: 7.3.23
MySQL: 10.4.15-MariaDB

hi, 

Here is my guess on that

1. The Impact on Price belongs to Prestashop Specific Price (you're not updating the proper column! 

2. The core Ps import has an option when you import products to delete existing images....

Also, somebody shouldn't leave Prestashop for that.  Mypresta has 2 wonderful import and export modules, and are not even expensive ;)

Hope it helps.... We do constant client imports, export API integrations ;) 

Cheers, 

Leo

Hi Leo and thanks for answering,

"The Impact on Price belongs to Prestashop Specific Price" - I'm not editing prices or as much as touching Combinations. Just product attributes.

1. I'm not updating the wrong column, but maybe the PS core Import feature is. See the attached CSVs. There is only Price, Wholesale price (that's Cost price) and the Discount amount. Everything else that could affect the price is either empty or has 0.000000 value.

2. Removing all images is not a valid fix for the bug where images get duplicated after Import. I want to keep the original images.

I honestly hope you were only joking about "somebody shouldn't leave Prestashop for that". However, I am using a paid third party export module from MyPresta to export Products. It exports the available fields as per Prestashop description, yet for some reason the original product "Impact on price" and "Final price" get added together after Import and the result is used as the new "Final price". This can't be the expected behaviour. I've attached two CSV files so you see what I'm doing. One is the product as it was exported by the tool and the other is the edited version for Import. Nothing in these CSVs should cause Prestashop to combine "Impact on price" and "Final price". I'm pretty sure this is a bug in the Import feature.

products_2021_01_13_14_06_45.csv products_edited.csv