PrestaHeroes.com Performance Module for 2021 One CCC .css Across All Pages

Hi  community,

Our agency has built up a backlog of modules we have written and which we apply across multiple clients systems.  For 2021 we plan on releasing several of my favourite works. 

This is my favorite as it can significantly reduce the above the fold page render.  

https://addons.prestashop.com/en/website-performance/50624-front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages.html

front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages.thumb.jpg.298456c8193903f413a2c81c0bb7ddc6.jpg1672344095_front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages(1).thumb.jpg.6aa59354970c85db5f62109d811b82e0.jpg1494144005_front-end-css-performance-one-css-ccc-all-shop-pages(2).thumb.jpg.56313904a2e0d8d9426428a971742012.jpg

the long story

For our clients we often need custom solutions, we are US centric agency (the only one) so over the last five years we have collected a number of modules we are happy to start releasing.  This we put at top of list as it provides a valuable performance feature.  Our company removes all performance modules new clients may come in with.  We have not seen any that do not cause 'unpredictable results', this is fact from agency in ps eco for many years.

Prior to the release of 1.7, PS native performance feature CCC of .js and .css files were different per page 'type', i.e. category/product/checkout/index/... so most often we would decide not to use CCC and rely on mod_expires (browser cache) and avoid browser downloads of redundant .css/.js.

A little more history, PS 1.7 out of box supported one CCC of .css and .js....this based on using module packing tools.  However ps addons and 3rd party developers do not package their modules/themes using those tools.

So most if not all 1.7 shops who have installed themes/modules will find that that their shops are handling like 1.6, i.e. one per page type.

Note:  PS addons does not validate that the module is packaged properly, i.e. it lists it's assets.  (as agency we will challenge PS to add proper compatibility to get back this important native PS  feature. 

I'd also like to use this topic to help raise awareness that developers package their modules correctly with ps asset manager as we could not solve the problem the same for .js.  

Happy ps'ing

el