I can't change my default country for new orders

I'm running on 1.7.5 and I have set my default country to Slovakia in International > Localization.

I've checked the database (ps_configuration) table and the country is set there correctly. Every country related record is set to Slovakia, including PS_COUNTRY_DEFAULT, which is set to 37 (ID of Slovakia in my store).

I am using Sp One Step Checkout by MagenTech module for the checkout. I've checked and there is no additional country setting. The store still loads United Kingdom as the default country for logged out users without saved addresses. I have geolocation turned off, as well as country/language detection based on browser language. I've tried clearing the cache of course.

I've checked the module's source code for One Step Checkout and it is indeed trying to load the PS_COUNTRY_DEFAULT for the default country:

'default_value' =>  Configuration::get('PS_COUNTRY_DEFAULT'),

It should load 37 (Slovakia), however it loads 17 (UK) and I don't know why. The module generates this country field on the checkout page (notice the "data-default-value" attribute, which is the unwanted ID of UK):

<select id="delivery_id_country" name="delivery_id_country" class="delivery required form-control input-sm not_unifrom not_uniform valid" data-field-name="id_country" data-default-value="17" data-required="1" data-validation="required">
</select>

Any help? I've seen plenty of similar threads but any solution didn't work for me.

Thank you.

did you contact the developer?

https://www.magentech.com/prestashop-themes/modules/item/844-sp-one-step-checkout-responsive-prestashop-module#:~:text=SP One Step Checkout,by removing unnecessary checkout steps.

that is most common way to get solved, contact the dev where you purchased the module.  Cannot say I'm in love with that checkout, seems so 90's ...