Search attachments by name on frontend

Hello,

I am using PrestaShop 1.7.4.4 and so far it's going great but I am not able to implement one very important feature.

I sell spare parts to devices and I have added all devices schemas (with specific part numbers on them) as attachments into my store. My customers usually don't know the part number, but they always know device number as its listed on the sticker on each device. I need customers to be able to search attachments by name on the frontend (I've added both devices names and device IDs to attachment names).

I've already created custom template page on the store but I need to implement search engine into search form.

There is a regular search bar on admin back office Catalog -> Files  - I can search by name there and it works just as intended - but I have no idea how to implement that onto frontend search form. Is it possible or I have to make my own search engine for this to work? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I would also be willing to buy a plugin with this functionality but I couldn't find any plugin anywhere. All search plugins are for products only.

Edited by Sparhawke (see edit history)