[Solved] Checkout broken by nonexisting db-table

WebWeber

Checkout broke a couple of days (at least that's when I noticed it) in my webshop runnning on PS 1.7.7.

Since the error was connected to the PayPal-module I reset its settings and tried again, but get the following error-message:

[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

Table 'myshop.ps_mailalert_customer_oos' doesn't exist<br /><br /><pre> SELECT id_customer, customer_email, id_shop, id_lang FROM `ps_mailalert_customer_oos` WHERE `id_product` = 38 AND `id_product_attribute` = 0</pre>
at line 769 in file classes/db/Db.php

764.         if ($webservice_call && $errno) {
765.             $dbg = debug_backtrace();
766.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] ' . $this->getMsgError() . '. From ' . (isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '') . '->' . $dbg[3]['function'] . '() Query was : ' . $sql, 97);
767.         } elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS')) {
768.             if ($sql) {
769.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError() . '<br /><br /><pre>' . $sql . '</pre>');
770.             }
772.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
773.         }
774.     }

As I didn't find anything related to this db-table (ps_mailalert_customer_oos) here in the forum I decided to setup a fresh install of PS 1.7.7 on a test-server to copy the table, but this table doesn't exist in the new PS-database either?!?

What I did before:

I had to redo some canceled orders and noticed that checkout just stops on the last step without any error-message, neither in the front-end nor in the backend or even logs🤔 The shop had been running and even taking orders for about 4 weeks before! The error disappeared when I deactivated the PayPal-module, but that can only be a temporary solution.

Since I had errors anyway I decided to upgrade from PS 1.7.6.9 to 1.7.7

Edited by WebWeber (see edit history)