Attributes combinations

JarekLadosz

Good day, 

Please excuse my basic knowledge, I have read through a handful of post regarding the attribute and combination posts, I could not find a workable solution.

My scenario is: Food shop, with a platter product. Customer has option to select 7 of 11 items on this platter. (max quantity of items in platter is 7, customer can choose from a variety of 11)

I did this: Created attribute named "Sweet option 1", containing 11 values. Created attribute named "Sweet option 2", containing 10 values.

In the product listing, I selected the combination option, typed "Sweet option 1: all:" , "Sweet option 2: all". This generated 110 combinations.

Problem is that I am unable to save, the change: error message reads "Unable to update settings"
I still have to add 5x attribute options, and am afraid that will be a high number of combinations resulting in an impossible request for PrestaShop.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a workaround (paid modules are a last resort)

Thank you in advance.

110 combinations shouldn't be a problem. So you should enable debug mode and look in the error log to see what has gone wrong.

However, 1.6 million combinations (that is what you get when you get when you apply your strategy in full) will be a problem. It slows everything down so much that it is no longer usable. So you would need a special paid module for that. 

And even that wouldn't be enough: how do you select those 10 options for the second attribute when you don't know which one the customer chose for the first?

So you will need to find a module that handles your specific case.

On 12/30/2020 at 12:23 PM, JarekLadosz said:

Good day, 

Please excuse my basic knowledge, I have read through a handful of post regarding the attribute and combination posts, I could not find a workable solution.

My scenario is: Food shop, with a platter product. Customer has option to select 7 of 11 items on this platter. (max quantity of items in platter is 7, customer can choose from a variety of 11)

I did this: Created attribute named "Sweet option 1", containing 11 values. Created attribute named "Sweet option 2", containing 10 values.

In the product listing, I selected the combination option, typed "Sweet option 1: all:" , "Sweet option 2: all". This generated 110 combinations.

Problem is that I am unable to save, the change: error message reads "Unable to update settings"
I still have to add 5x attribute options, and am afraid that will be a high number of combinations resulting in an impossible request for PrestaShop.

Does anyone have any suggestions or a workaround (paid modules are a last resort)

Thank you in advance.

Here's a good last resort (and also the only resort we know for the issue of having too many combinations).

https://www.presto-changeo.com/prestashop-17-modules/139-prestashop-attribute-wizard-pro-module.html