Can’t log on to admin panel

I've been using Prestashop for awhile now, but went to sign in on the admin panel and it didn't accept my password so I asked to have it sent. It said that the new password was sent, but it never arrived. I went to phpMyAdmin and replaced the old employee database with one from another installation that is working, but still no go with logging on. I tried adding another employee on the working store DB and testing it there (set them as administrator) and then copied that table after dropping the old one, still no luck.

I'm getting a little anxious at this point as I need to administrate my store. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Joan
www.envirodriven.com

Example: If Your address of email is [email protected] and wants to change the password for 123456:
You must copy “cookie key” you find in the /config/settings.inc.php file, something as:

“3dF3EZbnbXOkojfdzvMa2qguPbPK1spU76JmN29IiAPK”

With phpmyadmin in your database execute this Sql code:

UPDATE ps_employee SET passwd=md5(”3dF3EZbnbXOkojfdzvMa2qguPbPK1spU76JmN29IiAPK123456″) WHERE email=”[email protected]

It does not have spaces between " cookie key" and " password". Quotations marks are double.

More information in spanish TODOPRESTASHOP e em português Meu blog.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem: I can't log in Backoffice.
It doesn't say nothing, just return again the empty log screen. No errors.

I tried everything I found on forum, all sugestions, inclusive the one with "update ps_employee....." but same results.

I use easyphp3.0 and I also tried with wamp server.... same empty log screen....

Can someone help me ?!? Is a easyphp or wamp problem ? Some missing files or some rights ? When I instaled prestashop all marks where green, that tell me everything is OK.

I have no idea what to do....