[Solved] Paypal stopped working

T-bird

The Paypal interface seems to have stopped working and I have no idea why. At first it only seemed to be customers from outside Canada that couldn't complete payment but now it is all orders. I tried it myself and it just hangs at the Paypal pop up screen. When this is closed there is a small box behind it that says "Error in ajax posterror", whatever that is (see attached screenshots). I tried uninstalling and re-installing the Paypal module but this had no effect.

I've lost loads of orders due to this issue so I need to get it working asap. Can anyone help please?

Thank you.

paypal_issue2.jpg

paypal_issue1.jpg

Edited by T-bird
Issue resolved. (see edit history)

Thank you for the response. I contacted support and was advised to install the latest version of the Paypal module. Apparently the v4.4.2 version I was using is old, though it never came up as an upgrade in the back office so I had no idea there was a newer version. However, I cannot install the new version (v5.3.1) from the back office. It says the file is too large - 2mb is the maximum and the file is 2.6mb. How am I supposed to install this? Why would the developer make a file for Prestashop that exceeds the maximum allowed size??

Thank you.

16 hours ago, T-bird said:

Thank you for the response. I contacted support and was advised to install the latest version of the Paypal module. Apparently the v4.4.2 version I was using is old, though it never came up as an upgrade in the back office so I had no idea there was a newer version. However, I cannot install the new version (v5.3.1) from the back office. It says the file is too large - 2mb is the maximum and the file is 2.6mb. How am I supposed to install this? Why would the developer make a file for Prestashop that exceeds the maximum allowed size??

Thank you.

Hi,

a ticket is already in progress with our support team. Please continue to exchange information on the ticket.

Team 202-ecommerce

Support doesn't seem to be much help. They suggested I contact my hosting company to increase the size allowed for downloads (sic), however this is not the issue - there is no limit to the size of the files I can upload (which is what I'm trying to do, not download). This seems to be a limit imposed by Prestashop's back office. I uploaded the files directly to my server but it does not appear in the installed modules section of the back office. I have requested further help with this from support but have not had a reply.

Meanwhile, I have lost potentially hundreds of dollars worth of orders over this issue with no resolution in sight....

Hello, did you correctly install the module via FTP?

Here is the procedure to follow

- Unzip (unzip) the module archive (.zip file)

- Connect to your server using an FTP client

- Place the extracted folder in the / modules directory of your server

- Connect to the BackOffice of your PrestaShop store

- Go to the Modules tab Find the new module in the list, scroll down if necessary In the row of the new module, click on Install

- Look for the new module again. Click Configure

Once the configuration is complete, you can immediately use the module to verify that it works as expected

Team 202-ecommerce

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info. I had already tried that method however the module did not appear in the modules list once I had uploaded it to my server. I eventually managed to install the .zip file from the back office by leaving the older Paypal module in place instead of deleting it first. For some reason the back office allowed me to upload it that way whereas before it just kept saying the file was too large. I guess the new files just overwrote the old ones and I was able to install it and get it working again.

• Like 1