product serial number

I have read a few related topics but have not found a solution: I need to add a serial number to certain products when I add them to stock. A serial number is not the same as an EAN code or similar. A serial number is unique for each item. If there are 10 pieces of product ABC, then there are 10 different serial numbers.

Later I need to be able to add these serial numbers to delivery slip and/or invoice. The products are hardware, not virtual products. The products come with a serial number from the supplier, it's not something I generate. I need to keep track of serial numbers for warranty reasons so I have to be able to search for the serial number in all delivery slips / invoices.

Sample delivery slip with serial numbers attached.

Captura de pantalla 2020-12-12 a las 17.10.47.png

Hi,
it is true that there are many modules for entering product serial numbers.
The best solution is to enter the serial number or serial numbers directly in the order detail before sending the order without having to enter the list of serial numbers in the warehouse.
Adjusting for the order detail as I wrote is simple and creating a module is a maximum of one hour of work.
You have to evaluate for yourself which solution is better for you.
If you import numbers into the warehouse and automatically select numbers (then goods must be searched in the warehouse), or before sending the order, enter the numbers in the order detail (you already know the numbers in advance).

5 hours ago, 4you.software said:

Hi,
it is true that there are many modules for entering product serial numbers.
The best solution is to enter the serial number or serial numbers directly in the order detail before sending the order without having to enter the list of serial numbers in the warehouse.
Adjusting for the order detail as I wrote is simple and creating a module is a maximum of one hour of work.
You have to evaluate for yourself which solution is better for you.
If you import numbers into the warehouse and automatically select numbers (then goods must be searched in the warehouse), or before sending the order, enter the numbers in the order detail (you already know the numbers in advance).

Hi, thanks for your reply.

We buy and sell electronics with different hardware combinations, like different CPU, different ports, etc.

Let's say we have one product: A PC with either Intel CPU or AMD CPU (combinations). From factory we receive a total of 6 pieces with serial numbers 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106. The first 3 are Intel, the other 3 are AMD.

When they are in the warehouse we can not really distinguish them from the outside, only with the serial number. So ideally we enter the serial numbers when we receive the goods to have better control. When we prepare a shipment for let's say 2 PCs with Intel CPU, it would be nice (but not required) if the system could show serial numbers 101, 102, 103 for us to select. In any case, the 2 serial numbers we select should be printed on delivery slip and/or invoice and removed from stock.

I have not seen a module like this. Can you do it?

I see.
How do you upload the current warehouse?
I mean the current number of products?
In administration -> catalog -> Stock?
Or directly in the product detail?

Oh, so you still don't know how to update the quantity in Prestashop and you want a solution?
That doesn't make sense to me.
Prestashop can update quantity in several ways.
When you know how to enter quantity into Prestashop, then write.

21 minutes ago, 4you.software said:

Oh, so you still don't know how to update the quantity in Prestashop and you want a solution?
That doesn't make sense to me.
Prestashop can update quantity in several ways.
When you know how to enter quantity into Prestashop, then write.

I am not here to waste my time in discussions. Just admit you have no solution for what we need (keep track of serial numbers), no problem.

Have a good day.

I asked important questions.
I did not recieve reply.
I am a programmer and I need all the details.
Don't you want to discuss and respond?
OK, your problem.
You don't get much out of it with that approach.
Certainly not from me.
All I had to do was answer and you could already have the module.
Realize that if you find a module for serial numbers, it will never know everything you need.
And then you go back to the forum with questions about how to modify a foreign module to do this or that.

There is no module for Prestashop 1.7.7.0.

Good luck.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

On 12/15/2020 at 11:02 AM, 4you.software said:

I asked important questions.
I did not recieve reply.
I am a programmer and I need all the details.
Don't you want to discuss and respond?
OK, your problem.
You don't get much out of it with that approach.
Certainly not from me.
All I had to do was answer and you could already have the module.
Realize that if you find a module for serial numbers, it will never know everything you need.
And then you go back to the forum with questions about how to modify a foreign module to do this or that.

There is no module for Prestashop 1.7.7.0.

Good luck.

I can modify Stock either at Catalog/Product or Catalog/Stocks. Both should be just fine.

• 3 months later...