Upgrade 1.7.6.5 to 1.7.7.0 Failed, cannot log into admin

I tried to upgrade from 1.7.6.5 to 1.7.7.0 and as usual it failed.

This time I cannot log into admin panel

I used 1 click upgrade (which in 6 years never ever worked)

Any idea where to start searching for the problem?
I just get the friendly page in pic below after I entered my details and click login. Nothing else

presta-err.JPG

I reverted back to the previous version.
What happened is I used the 1 click upgrade. 1 Click successfully updated all the files and successfully updated the database. But when I tried to log into admin panel to take site out of maintenance mode I could not log in. Thus 1 Click said everything was successful but it was not.

Guys I have same problem. I tried to update from 1.7.6.8 to 1.7.7.0 and now I can't access BO and FO. I just keep seeing errors:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eyfbucigek4oq7s/Screenshot 2020-12-08 at 18.26.37.png?dl=0

I have tried previously updates from 1.7.6.2 to .. to 1.7.6.8 and all succeed. Now when I started upgrading I get instant error (3-5s after click Ugprade) that upgrade failed and I was unable to access BO and FO. Please help?

Funny it seems the solution is the same as bug of 1.7.5

On 1/30/2019 at 12:40 PM, ksaan said:

I think the issue you have is this one: https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/issues/11933
and here is the solution https://github.com/PrestaShop/PrestaShop/pull/11995

INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 is used in the idn_to_ascii and idn_to_utf8 functions, in order to comply with PHP 7.2 standards.

Servers running an outdated ICU version (< 4.6) (mostly shared hostings that run outdated ICU versions) dont have INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46 so it fails.

Workaround is to use newer version of ICU (some people do this by using newer version of PHP)

I've changed to 7.3 and I could open BO. But it doesn't work well. For example if I want to edit product, I cannot add pictures (add picture button not work - its not active, it blinks but with no reaction), cannot also drug&drop picture, also same problems are with other buttons such as add brand tec. Is it a problem with communication with DB? Maybe upgrading from 1.7.6.5 to 1.7.7.0 with set up 7.2 php and after upgrade switched to 7.3 don't let good communication because somewhere it have coding for php 7.2 and old ICU???

I see products, but cannot edit it. 

Another example, previous set up description now looks like this:

image.thumb.png.28a3eb501e38eb04508b0d83aef5fc66.png

• 3 weeks later...

Just upgraded to 1.7.7.0 to solve some minor issues i had, and now i cannot log into the BO, the eshop is in maintenance mode and all the above mentioned solutions do not work for me.
Has anyone tried something else that worked ?
Can someone tell me how i can revert to the previous version when i have no access to the BO anymore ?

It is my opinion that you should have a message popping-up to warn people that is version can lock them out of the BO.
If i knew it i would not try it during the holiday season 😞

13 minutes ago, Artur PL said:

Launching on php 7.3 helped me to access BO. It did not work well, but I figured it out - problem was in installed modules. 2 of them seed to be upgraded. When I uninstall them, bo runs ok. That was delivery couriers modules.

I was on 7.2 originally.
Tried 7.3, nothing changes, still after i enter user/pass i come up to a page showing just Prestashop 1.7.7.0 
Tried 7.1 , same result.
Tried 7.4 i get an error page

I feel helpless locked-out of the Back Office 😞

Edited by ane76 (see edit history)

One more thing in your hosting page setup

Chcech, on your hosting, where you have DNS setup.

All TTL should have 3600.

Previously was 11000 (or something like that) it is too long. Time should be 3600. Previous version didn't bother it.

Just in your hosting page enter 3600 and "save to all"

and how about now?

20 hours ago, Artur PL said:

One more thing in your hosting page setup

Chcech, on your hosting, where you have DNS setup.

All TTL should have 3600.

Previously was 11000 (or something like that) it is too long. Time should be 3600. Previous version didn't bother it.

Just in your hosting page enter 3600 and "save to all"

and how about now?

All TTL was 14400 (hosting is HostGator) i switched to 3600 and nothing happened.
Also cleared cache and tried a second browser, still pressing the log button goes to the 1.7.7.0 Prestashop screen

but php 7.3? :)

no idea then. I was manage do go to BO after switching it. BO was working badly so I had to uninstall some modules that was not upgrade to 1.7.7.0.

I'm not expert how to do that, but maybe you should check 

1. if your layout in total does not need to be upgrade (with your layout developer)

2. maybe you have some additional modules that are colidate. Try to find some information how to deactivate external modules from FTP side (without BO). Switch them all to off and then try. 

3. chceck your SQL base is it's version is compatibile with 1.7.7.0 (from myphpAdmin or similar)

18 minutes ago, ssekazinga said:

I installed a fresh copy of 1.7.7.0 and got the same issue - BO is not opening just a Prestashop Logo! as below. I tried it with Bluehost and inmotion - tried PHP 7.0 

Changing to PHP 7.4 from PHP 7.3 resolved the issue  - i can access the BO after switching to PHP 7.4

image.thumb.png.e1183767b0bac6ec20ab19df906eb8c4.png

Edited by ssekazinga (see edit history)

On 12/30/2020 at 8:16 AM, ane76 said:

I was on 7.2 originally.
Tried 7.3, nothing changes, still after i enter user/pass i come up to a page showing just Prestashop 1.7.7.0 
Tried 7.1 , same result.
Tried 7.4 i get an error page

I feel helpless locked-out of the Back Office 😞

Try upgrading your PHP through .htaccess on the root to 7.4

add:

<IfModule mime_module>
  AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php74 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>

On 12/30/2020 at 7:20 AM, ane76 said:

Just upgraded to 1.7.7.0 to solve some minor issues i had, and now i cannot log into the BO, the eshop is in maintenance mode and all the above mentioned solutions do not work for me.
Has anyone tried something else that worked ?
Can someone tell me how i can revert to the previous version when i have no access to the BO anymore ?

It is my opinion that you should have a message popping-up to warn people that is version can lock them out of the BO.
If i knew it i would not try it during the holiday season 😞

Have you tried upgrading to PHP 7.4? 

add this to your .htaccess in the root.

<IfModule mime_module>
  AddHandler application/x-httpd-ea-php74 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>

On 12/31/2020 at 3:24 PM, LastBell said:

where to enter it? at the end or at the beginning?

it really doesn't matter. you can put at the beginning of the file   .htaccess. or you can replace the one already in the file. please confirm there is one PHP AddHandler version in the file

i tried it, and i get this error :

Deprecated: array_key_exists(): Using array_key_exists() on objects is deprecated. Use isset() or property_exists() instead in /public_html/.........../src/Adapter/EntityMapper.php on line 99

it doesnt even let me put the user/pass

I had this same issue of no back office when installing 1.7.7.0, until I updated my PHP7.2 to PHP7.4.

To do this:

Login to your hosting provider (Hostgator is mine) and go to the cPanel.

Software > MultiPHP Manager - Then select ea-php74 from the "PHP Version" dropdown menu.

Then just select your website from the available list below and press apply.

Afterwards I cleared my browser (Chrome) cache (CTRL + F5) and my browser history.

EVERYTHING IS NOW WORKING GREAT WITHOUT HAVING TO EDIT ANY CODE! 

Edited by Paul Chucker (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Also check your server settings, for me it was due to PHP7.2. I switched to PHP7.4 and it worked. Also try to delete the cache folder (I always delete it and upload the standard cache folder). Also as already said, check the keys in the config settings files.

In case you created a duplicate shop, check that the database credentials are correct in the config settings files /app/config / /config AND that in the database the table ps_shop_url is set up with the correct URLs and starting folder.