Additing two color palettes for the same product

some of the products that i'm adding to the site require two color palettes for example you can 

- choose the top color of a chair 

- choose a different color for the metallic parts

like this picture 

my question is : is it doable by duplicating the colors ? or do i need a different module or is there any work around ? 

forum question.png

It can work this way BUT the PrestaShop core has a bad implementation regarding product combinations.

Lets say you have 50 colors for tabletop, 50 for legs, 50 for the rubber "shoes".

It means -> 50 ^ 3 = 125.000 -> 125.000 photos * image_sizes. Quite unbearable, right?

It should have an extension that will have 50 table top photos + 50 legs + 50 rubber = 150 and on every attribute change, make an ajax call and make on the fly an image which actually will be 3 smaller images.

lets say a product image = 200Kb (i have seen much bigger) so 125000 * 200Kb = 25 Gb 😱 (let alone the different sizes)

150 * 200Kb = 30 Mb still huge, but a lot less than above.

The same way the attributes charging should be separately per attribute and not per combination.

Of course, there is a solution.
You would have to have three transparent images that you would create from one image (something like separate layers).
Then it would no longer be a problem to generate an image.
It would then be sufficient to use PHP functions and load the image via JavaScript.
It's practically nothing complicated, but a lot of memory would be used.
I'll create some small demo to see that it can be done. I will do a demo outside of Prestashop.

obrazek.png.480d475892ed6fbe280cf28d0efeb707.png

Sample change colors after button click.

😎

Edited by Guest (see edit history)