Backoffice doesn't open

Hello,

I am new to Prestashop, so I used the video's and instructions provided by Prestashop to do my first install. 
This was just a week ago.  I followed all the steps one by one and managed to install everything perfectly.  I could access the backoffice, apply some changes, install modules and themes, etc.

This week, we decided on a new name for our store, so I registered another domainname, deleted everything from the old one and tried installing everything from the beginning.

So: new domain (same hosting partner),  I upload the install files with FileZilla, follow all the other steps (unpack, create database, run the installer, enter my log-in data,...)

Everythings seems to be working fine, but when I acces the admin-login page and enter my log-in data, it seems to work, only it shows nothing but this (image attached).

Nothing but my store name...  I can't access the backoffice.
Frontoffice seems to be working fine: just the standard template with demo products.

Any ideas???

problem.jpg

Hello Adrian, 

Because I managed to install everything perfectly one week earlier, I went back through my downloads and checked what version I installed:

The first time, I installed 1.7.6.9 which worked fine...

One week later, I installed 1.7.7.0, which resulted in the problem.

Tried 1.7.6.9 again and that worked.

Hope this helps!

Same problem.  I am new to presta shop and did the install and everything seem to go ok.  But can't log in to admin.  I just get like the above user.  The logo and name of my shop.  It does not take me to the back office.  When I pull up my website it is the template example that installed so that worked.  How do I get to the Back Office.  Is it presta shop or my host don't know who to ask if I missed a step and why it is not working.  Would like to get it started ASAP

OK I checked with my host provider which is Bluehost and they say it is a script error.  So I need that resoved.  My php version I believe is ok 7.3 something on their side.  So they said to check with script editor or website developer so need to know how to do that.

4 minutes ago, leandoan said:

Never mind figured out how to change php up to 7.4 and it worked so far.

So never trust your hosting provider ;) Anyway Prestaship 1.7.7. is onyl compatible until PHP 7.3. - if you use 7.4. you might unexpected behaviour or issues later on.

Open ./src/Core/Util/InternationalizedDomainNameConverter.php

replace function emailToUtf8 to:

public function emailToUtf8(string $email): string
    {
        $parts = explode('@', $email);
        if (count($parts) !== 2) {
            return $email;
        }

return $parts[0] . '@' . idn_to_utf8($parts[1], 0, intval(INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46));
    }

or:

public function emailToUtf8(string $email): string
    {
        $parts = explode('@', $email);
        if (count($parts) !== 2) {
            return $email;
        }

if (version_compare(phpversion(), '5.6', '>=') || version_compare(phpversion(), '7.3', '<='))
        {
            $intl = intval(INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46);
        } else
        {
            $intl = INTL_IDNA_VARIANT_UTS46;
        }

return $parts[0] . '@' . idn_to_utf8($parts[1], 0, $intl);
    }

Prestashop developers should modify this function as I gave in the second example and build it into the next version of Prestashop.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)