Can someone please tell me how to get the email contact to work on a Godaddy site?

ZORANVEDEK

I didn't want to  start  another thread,  but I haven't gotten a response on the previous on,  and it appears to  be dead.  So  I'm starting one here.  This seems to  be an ongoing problem,  does any one have a solution?

I have been with  3 different Godaddy  tech people that  all  say their site mail is working fine, and it is,  but the Prestashop  contact  form  will  not send mail  from  their site.  I have been trying to  get this hammered out since Monday  and have made absolutely no headway. 

I know someone out there has got to  know how to get this working.  I have tried setting it up in multiple ways,  SMTP, PHP,  localhost,  relay-hosting.secureserver.net...

....nothing works. There is something in the contact  form from  Prestashop  that  is throwing out an error.  I went through and labeled every place that  error appears in contacform.php,  and the error that  comes up  is on line 489 of contactform.php:

} elseif ($url !== ''
            || empty($serverToken)
            || $clientToken !== $serverToken
            || $clientTokenTTL < time()
        ) {
            $this->context->controller->errors[] = $this->trans(
                'An error 1 occurred while sending the message, please try again.',
                [],
                'Modules.Contactform.Shop'
            );
            $this->createNewToken();
        }

The #1 is my  addition,  there are 4 places that  throw out that  specific error(6 actually but the other two  deal  with attachments),  they  are labeled 1-4,  that's the one that  comes up.  

If someone could just  point me in the right direction to find the help I need, that would be great,  telling me what  code I need to alter would also be great.  I am at a loss as to  how to  resolve this. 

Edited by ZORANVEDEK
Spelling (see edit history)

@ZORANVEDEK

First of all which PrestaShop version you are talking about it is related to PrestaShop 1.6.x or 1.7.x 

Secondly, It will better if you upload in your same site a php normal email script and then try to send email with that. If the email work with regular php script then, their may be any problem in the PrestaShop. If the email didn't send via normal php script then problem in hosting.

As a developer we didn't suggest any one to use godaddy server. They not not good enough. 

Looking forward from you to help you

Thank you

A normal script will send, at  least the one I got from  a tech  at Godaddy  will  send.  The Prestashop  script will  not. 

....and I am learning very  quickly that Godaddy was not the best  option,  but that wasn't my decision, and I am stuck  with it. 

if ($sendNotificationEmail) {
                    if (empty($contact->email) || !Mail::Send(
                        $this->context->language->id,
                        'contact',
                        $this->trans('Message from contact form', [], 'Emails.Subject').' [no_sync]',
                        $var_list,
                        $contact->email,
                        $contact->name,
                        null,
                        null,
                        $file_attachment,
                        null,
                        _PS_MAIL_DIR_,
                        false,
                        null,
                        null,
                        $from
                    )) {
                            'An error occurred while sending the message.',
                            [],
                        );
                    }
                }

if ($sendConfirmationEmail) {
                    $var_list['{message}'] = self::MESSAGE_PLACEHOLDER_FOR_OLDER_VERSION;

if (!Mail::Send(
                        $this->context->language->id,
                        'contact_form',
                        ((isset($ct) && Validate::isLoadedObject($ct)) ? $this->trans(
                            'Your message has been correctly sent #ct%thread_id% #tc%thread_token%',
                            [
                                '%thread_id%' => $ct->id,
                                '%thread_token%' => $ct->token
                            ],
                            'Emails.Subject'
                        ) : $this->trans('Your message has been correctly sent', [], 'Emails.Subject')),
                        $var_list,
                        $from,
                        null,
                        null,
                        null,
                        $file_attachment,
                        null,
                        _PS_MAIL_DIR_,
                        false,
                        null,
                        null,
                        $contact->email
                    )) {
                            'An error occurred while sending the message.',
                            [],
                        );
                    }
                }

You can use basic php functions instead of the functions above. I hope that will work.  Take a look at this link https://www.w3schools.com/php/func_mail_mail.asp if you need help with php mail function.

I would recommend you to contact with the support of that module. I hope they will be able to help you out.

Thanks for the effort,  but replacing the code in contactform.php with that script literally crashes the page(505 error).  At  this point I'm simply going to  scrap  the idea of even having a contact  form  for now,  and just drop a static email  address on there in text form, I don't like the idea,  but it is my only real option at this point. 

I was hit up a little over a week ago and asked to switch out  a pretty basic website for a brick  and mortar store with a Prestashop site,  and there's simply not enough hours in the day to get this done on the time frame that was given me. If it wasn't a friend asking I wouldn't have taken  the job,  but it was and I did,  so it is what it is. 

Again,  thanks,  I appreciate the effort,  when I get some more time to focus on this I will  come back to it.