Email Verification Link & Salutation in New Address Page

Sundararajan

Hi,

I am new to Prestashop.  I am using Prestashop 1.7.6.  I have few questions as below.

1.  When customer creates an account, i would like account to be in disabled status.  After registration, I would like to send email to customer with account activation link.  Once, account is activated, customer would be able to login and place an order.

I would like to know if this feature is already available in Prestashop 1.7.6 or any modules to be installed. 

2.  In Home-->Your account-->Addresses-->New Address page, I would not find salutation ( Mr. or Mrs. ).  If it is private customer I would like to print Salutation + First Name + Last Name in invoice.

3.  I would like to know how to disable "GDPR-Personal Data" from Your Account page.  But, I would require check box to agree in customer registration page and order checkout page.

Please can you provide any tips regarding this.

Thank you in advance for your support.

15 hours ago, ndiaga said:
On 11/25/2020 at 11:16 PM, Sundararajan said:

Hi,

1.  When customer creates an account, i would like account to be in disabled status.  After registration, I would like to send email to customer with account activation link.  Once, account is activated, customer would be able to login and place an order.

This   option  don't  exist   by  default   but  you  can  achive  by  modifying   the  core  or   building  a  module  that  will  handle  the email  validation  process.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your help!

It can be achieved by customization or another module.  I think this is one of the basic features of ecommerce software.

Would you recommend any module?  

4 hours ago, ndiaga said:

I   don't   know   any  existing  one   but  I'm  working   on  it  now.

Since  I  notice  many  of  you  need  it.

Thank you!  Currently, I am planning to migrate to Prestashop in 3months.  Please can i know tentatively when this module will be available.  Would it be a part of next prestashop version or separate module?

One more thing i notice is that when creating an account, it seems we have to enter password only once.  I could not find "Confirm Password" field.  I think this is also one of the common features to make sure that we enter right password.

Thank you for your support!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 4:18 PM, ndiaga said:

I  can not  give  you  an  exact   deadline,  but  I'm   on  it.

It  will be  a  module not  include  in the  core .

Thank you for your reply!

I would not require exact deadline.  Tentative timelines when it could be available.  Even, it takes more than that also ok.