Amount at BO/Orders is the double of the total_spent order

Salvacal

I found an issue at BO/Orders/ViewOrder/View Full Details
In this page I found that customer Orders and total spent is exactly the double of the order or real payment received. The issue is that the total value of the order does not correspond to the total spent payment, it is always double. This would means that the total_spent variable is read twice. This only happens with PayPal and Cash on delivery, with other types of payment seems does not happen, the total is right!
I didn’t find any error at log and, fortunately, the payment in PayPal directly is correct.
The problem for us is only administrative, we cannot sell the product for € 1, collect € 1 but record € 2.
You find attached two screenshots about the issue.
I thought that the issue was from Paypal module and I asked to their developers and this is their reply:
Hi! Our developer checked your issue and it seems not to be connected with our module.
He thinks that there is a problem with your environment. I advise you to contact PS dev.
Regards,
Daria – 202 ecommerce

Then I asked to Panda theme dev. and this is their reply:
HI, It seems the problem was due to Prestashop, as my theme doesn’t change any Prestashop checkout process.

As you see, everyone says it’s not their fault but the problem remains for me !!!
I cloned the site and used the default theme, also I upgraded the to PS v1.6.9 but the issue remains.
It started with an upgrade to 1.6.8. Could this issue come from a problem in BO / Order Setting / status?
Why this issue change the total value of the order and does not correspond to the total spent payment? It is always double!

Has anyone had the same problem and how is it resolved?
Thank you.

Additional information

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.9

PHP version: 7.2

Schermata 2020-11-25 alle 19.53.41.png

• 8 months later...