Fault in update

I've just updated 1.7.6.8 to 1.7.6.9 using 1-click. It seemed to go smoothly in a site under development (so already in maintenance mode).

After clearing cache in BO and browser, the website works fine on checks so far. But in BO, both Short and Long Description fields are blank. No content (it must still be on record for the website to display). No controls for tinymce etc, no text, typing does nothing. I tried turning off non-native MyPresta modules, just in case, but no difference to the outcome.

Before I roll back to the old version, any ideas what to try to restore function in BO? This minor change failing doesn't bode well for the bigger update to 1.7.7.0, when it comes.

Update. If I save a product page (with no change, just click save) the HTML code briefly flashes up, then disappears. Still not displaying, not editable, but something must be preventing it from appearing.

Edited by CJH
Added information (see edit history)

Thanks - I hadn't tried deleting the cache directly. But, I have an answer.

This just felt like a memory problem. The cache in Prestashop was deleted, and I did so again, with no change. The cache in Firefox was deleted and showed 0 files/space saving to be made if done again. But, the fields were populated in Edge (just the next browser I tried) and everything worked there. So I deleted Firefox settings a second time even though they said nothing was present ... and it now worked.

It was a browser issue in the end. Perhaps it might help someone else to know, and especially your suggestion that I had forgotten about, JBW. Thanks for taking the time.