Store manager - Automating "Post data to the web" feature with bridge connexion

takotak

Hello all,

It's the first time I use Prestashop with Store Manager and I really enjoy.

However I have difficulties automating "Post data to the web" & "Get data to the web" features (in Store Manager Tools section). My goal is to send .csv file (generated in local) to the remote database. I use a bridge connection PHP-MySql because host does not allow direct connexion. The import function works well into Store Manager but my remote database is only synchronized after clicking manually.

Any idea please to avoid clicking but automating the process ?

Hi, there is no option to do it automatically after one-time import, as if, for example, there are several users working simultaneously with the same store on Bridge, there can be issues with the database. And in addition, Get operation would then slow down the software opening, and Post, correspondingly, closing each time the changes are made. However, such option is available if you setup automated product import on the daily/weekly/monthly basis.

Thank you for your response.

There will be only one user using Store Manager : the computer of the physical store (wich is always switched on). My goal is to import automatically the csv into Store Manager (this part works well) and then export to the remote database on the daily basis.

How can I do this please if it's an available option ? I have not found any documentation about posting automatically data to the web with bridge connexion...

Edited by takotak (see edit history)

Okay, so if I understood you correctly, you need to go through the following steps:

1. Create import configuration. For this you need to go to Automated Import Addon, select the corresponding option and go through the steps of import.
  2. Add the newly created configuration to scheduler in that same addon, enabling automatic Get/Post checkboxes.

After you setup this cron task, your Store Manager will open and perform Get data operation automatically (the local database will be created) ----> import will run automatically to that local database ----> Post changes to web operation will also be done automatically (applying the uploaded details to remote database). 

I'm attaching you the guide for setup - https://www.prestashopmanager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-accomplish-prestashop-cron-import-with-automated-product-import-addon/