Error at install at 56% ps_customtext

Hi, 

I have installed prestashop manually a couple of times and it never gives any problems. 

now I am getting en error when prestashop is installing at 56%

I have tried a couple of new databases and I have also tried a couple of prestashop versions. 

prestashop 1.6 did install correctly. But 3 versions of prestashop 1.7 give the exact same problem. 

I have also asked my hosting (hostnet) but they say that they can not see anything wrong. 

can someone please help me out? Thank you

3505F4B1-7457-405C-BACF-91CD6EF47A1C.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

the issue is with hostnet. They have done something to their server which makes it not compatible with prestashop 1.7. 

I was able to download 1.6 version of prestashop. But all the 1.7 did not work. 

I also contacted hostnet, but some of them don’t want to help at al because they don’t offer support to prestashop installations. Others were just not able to find te problem. I said that it was due to the new server of them. But they were not motivated enough to go and find the problem. 

The only option for me was to switch hosting. I went to antagonist. Installed prestashop within a few minutes, and made my webshop. 

The problem lays with 100% with hostnet. 

If they don’t help you, I would recommend that you switch hosting and ask for your money back. Because they advertise with being compatible with prestashop. And they clearly are not. 

hope it helps 

:) 

Hello HT,

I contacted Meryemeloo in a personal message because I suspected she was also Dutch.  Turns out we both had the same hosting partner (hostnet.nl).
There were some compatibility issues with Prestashop 17 and their servers.  She spent the best part of two weeks trying to solve the problem and spent money on professional I.T. support to get the site up and running, only to face more issues...    In the end she migrated to another hosting partner (Antagonist), after which everything worked fine.

I learned this after just one day, so I didn't mess around and moved to another hosting party as well (combell.com).  There, I could launch Prestashop immediately without any problems...

I don't know what hosting service you have, but I suggest you look into other hosting options since it solved both our problems.

Hallo Wincy en Meryemeloo,

Dank je voor jullie berichten!

Ik zit inderdaad ook bij Hostnet.nl

Ik heb al behoorlijk wat tijd gespendeerd om de installatie er op te zetten. Zojuist versie 1.7.3.0 geïnstalleerd, maar kom hier niet in de backoffice....

Moet morgen maar eens overstappen naar een andere hosting partner.

Afgelopen week ook best veel contact gehad met Hostnet, maar ook zij komen er inderdaad nog niet uit.

Groeten, Henri

Hallo Wincy en Meryemeloo,

Dank je voor jullie berichten!

Ik zit inderdaad ook bij Hostnet.nl

Ik heb al behoorlijk wat tijd gespendeerd om de installatie er op te zetten. Zojuist versie 1.7.3.0 geïnstalleerd, maar kom hier niet in de backoffice....

Moet morgen maar eens overstappen naar een andere hosting partner.

Afgelopen week ook best veel contact gehad met Hostnet, maar ook zij komen er inderdaad nog niet uit.

Groeten, Henri