[1.7.6.7], [1.7.6.8] Getting stuck in the same checkout step over and over again

Alberdt Feathort

Hello everybody,

The problem occurs with the release (1.7.6.7) version hosted on Fastcomet.com. I didn't observe this problem on my localhost environment.

When filling out subsequent checkout forms (take step 3. as an example) the following happens: after clicking "Continue" button, the scripts are refreshing the page with the same step. It's unfortunately quite critical, because that means that clients will have tremendous difficulty going through the form (sometimes it "passes" to the next step, sometimes not).

This concerns step 2 (addresses, i. e. 2 → 3 transition) and step 3 (shipping method, 3 → 4). Steps 1 (1 → 2) and 4 (finalizing button) work correctly, i. e. I have never seen them getting stuck like this.

I thought it could be due to script execution being too long or problems with memory - but I increased the limits (see info on the below picture) and still it didn't help.

What I have also observed: if you wait at least 5-10 seconds before clicking the button, then mostly it works normally (as if something was still happening on the backend, not letting to increment the step until it finishes).

I've made screenshots for version 1.7.6.7, but I have exactly the same problem with the version 1.7.6.8 (also a shop installed on fastcomet.com).

To sum up:

• Occurs in both 1.7.6.7 and 1.7.6.8,
  • I don't know if it's exactly the same root cause, but it happens with steps 2 → 3 and 3 → 4,
  • PHP version is 7.2,
  • I compared PrestaShop requirements against phpinfo() and all parameters (including extensions) seem to be fulfilled,
  • Occurs only when hosted (fastcomet.com).

Any clues guys? This is blocking our MVP so much 😥. I'll be debugging this too, but I hope you guys will come with some idea (although I don't know how you can possibly reproduce this).

Cheers!

problem.thumb.jpg.aa735c72282b984a701b775c405dc604.jpg

info.thumb.jpg.8d99667bb084d6ee90455cf570e7c92c.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...