Restricting product access by user(type)?

Hello,

I asked this question in the Core Developer section, but that was probably not the right place.  I am looking for the best way to represent a catalog of products where the ability to view, search, and buy SKUs are restricted based on their user type.  There will be two users types to consider: B2C and B2B.

I was hoping User Groups and Categories could solve this. I have tested user groups and categories, and I can restrict product search, view, and purchase if I restrict a category (say like "B2B") to a user group.  However, if that product has other categories , like "accessories", then another user can still see those products even if they were NOT associated with the "B2B" category. So it looks like restriction for categories is not an "AND", but an "OR", meaning, a user group doesn't have to be associated with all the categories of a product to search or view for them, only one of them?

If categories and user groups is not the best way to do this, I am open to suggestions.  However it seems easier to do this out of box with them with no changes to the classes and code.

Any help appreciated! Trying to keep coding to a minimum to reduce ongoing maintenance, and use as much as possible out of box by Prestashop.

Thank you!

HI Joseantgv,

Possibly, maybe we do need a module like that.  However, I also want to understand if what I describe above was the right direction to go so I can better understand how Prestashop works.  I took a look at your module, I couldn't see if the module supported the approach we were taking or if you recommended a different path we should be taking to separate products?

• Like 1

Hi,
exactly such a module I made for my customer. I also had it for sale, but there was no interest in the module, so I removed it.
In the administration in the product detail, a drop-down list was displayed with a group of customers to whom the product should be banned. It was possible to select more groups.
In the module configuration it was also possible to import a csv file with the product code and group (s).
I'll try to find my module and possibly give you a link.

For PrestaShop 1.7.x

I already have the module ready, I'm just doing the last testing. During today I will spend it for a price of up to 20 €. Given the time of development, this is an affordable price 😉

obrazek.png.bf55bc4bb0463a5c3f6aa19702349397.png

obrazek.thumb.png.03329aec8707ef720c53bd224162eb72.png

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

On 11/9/2020 at 8:37 AM, joseantgv said:

Is there no other way to solve this problem then spending 50 euro for this simple thing? In woocommerce you can solve this problem in a couple of minutes with just line.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
10 hours ago, Amorino said:

Hello ComGrafPL Thank you very much this seems to be different from Daniel's module and not for 1.7

I can't find the download link in your module here :

https://e-apps.eu/en/domu/70-add-product-display-restrictions-for-a-group-of-users.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

Seems like devs changing their website

"Sales in the shop is closed. Support for existing customers is provided until December 1, 2021

The new list of modules and modules my shop, visit https://prestashop.4you.software"

I think the best way is to ask them, to send it to you as it's free. Send them a email: REMOVED either send private to @Guest

Edited by endriu107
removed email address for user request (see edit history)