Attach Extrernal links to prestashop 1.7

TehranShop

Hi Tengler

the iranian Guys created a Module to attach from VPS files and sell it (big files) but have a most issue

i don't know why the prestashop developer can't create some module like (EDD in wordpress)

prestashop have a most beautiful and powerful than wordpress (wordpress is a weblog for always)

please help me if you can create some codes to sell big files (like Blu-Ray or XBOX 360 ) in prestashop 1.7

i do split my files (xbox360 8.5GB) to 9 files with 1GB parts and i don't know how to attach these files into the prestashop (products attachments) to sell it when the customer buy a product

module sell files in prestashop - please translate with google = https://systemiha.ir/module/59-kfadownloads.html

and i have a conversation with the support team of this module but they can't fix the issue when i want to add some big files from the VPS

if i create hyper link and button in the product page the customer and users can see the URL and attack it and delete everything in the vps but i don't want it

i can create the script in the apache in centos 7 to block all users but another way is the great for me to attach big files in prestashop (virtual product)

i wanna to install locally prestashop 1.7 and show you the all of prestashop users is (there is no module like EDD for prestashop) to attaching managing controlling any files in prestashop

Thanks Tengler

The solution is quite simple 🙂
Just edit a few files and use the default file download features.
How would it work?
The "virtual product" would be selected in the product settings.
I would add a "external link" checkbox and a text box for entering the link.
When saving, a hash of a non-existent file would be created in the database and saved in the download folder (by default) and a column would be added to the database, eg "custom link" + "url".
As soon as the user buys a virtual product, he will receive a download link in the email.
You must log in to download.
The modified ProductDownload.php file would look in the database to see if it is a custom link.
If it was an external link, a script would be sent to download the product ....
The customer would not see where the file is downloaded from, he would only see the name of the hash file 😉

On 10/23/2020 at 7:46 AM, Guest said:

The solution is quite simple 🙂
Just edit a few files and use the default file download features.
How would it work?
The "virtual product" would be selected in the product settings.
I would add a "external link" checkbox and a text box for entering the link.
When saving, a hash of a non-existent file would be created in the database and saved in the download folder (by default) and a column would be added to the database, eg "custom link" + "url".
As soon as the user buys a virtual product, he will receive a download link in the email.
You must log in to download.
The modified ProductDownload.php file would look in the database to see if it is a custom link.
If it was an external link, a script would be sent to download the product ....
The customer would not see where the file is downloaded from, he would only see the name of the hash file 😉

Hi again

it's a great IDEA

how can you help me?

thanks