Backup and restore complete prestashop site?

PS_Dude

Hi, I'm having a miserable time with my web host moving servers and I want to make a full backup if they break something. 

I have custom code and database table changes (done by someone else a long time ago). 

If I backup from within Prestashop, can I just reinstall Prestashop from say cPanel, then restore my backup and all would be correct?  Or what else do I need to do to have a proper backup?

What about login ID, etc?

Thanks.

Edited by PS_Dude (see edit history)

Chill_user: I'm mostly on my own here, as it's become miserable to deal with them, and I can't get into prestashop currently, until they fix the server.

I have a backup from a little while back (which is fine), which is a bz2 file and when I unzip I get a .sql file.  That would just setup the DB tables IMO, but not sure what to do to get my custom PS code, etc.  Are those just in the files (that I can get from FTP)?

I can get into cPanel, but they have removed the "Site Backup and Restore" option from cPanel.  Is that the backup you are referring to, or where could I go to get backups?

I can also FTP into the server and see my files.

Any guidance appreciated, or is there a guide somewhere that explains this properly?

Thanks.

Imagine your hosting =https://hosting.com .

You login to https://hosting.com. You go to restore/backup section and somewhereyou will see something as backups. Backups are daily. It's not a DB backups, its full restore (DB+website). Somwhere there also, you can download .sql files to restore db (ofc archeived).

Also, in your ftp files (maybe) you can have /backups folder with current backups 

• Like 1

Thanks Chill_user.  I figured out why I can't do that... apparently cPanel is supposed to have a "Site Backup & Restore" option (https://www.bluehost.com/help/article/backup-and-restore-with-site-backup-pro), but my host removed that.  In a chat, they told me it had issues.  I had them do a full site backup for me (of all the files), but that won't include DB changes.

They've restored my site now and I now know that the backup from within PS admin panel is just a DB backup, but looking through the SQL it seems to drop all tables and re-create the complete table structure with the data.  Good.  So with the DB info here and the files from the backup, I should be able to restore my site.

To restore, I would need to re-install an older version of PS (I'm on PS v1.5.6.2 now) and hoping they have PHP v5.6 that it needs, but I might as well take the opportunity to migrate to a newer version of PS.  So I will need to figure out the custom code changes that were made to my site and have those re-implemented in a newer version.  I need to investigate that.

Thanks.