WARNING DON'T Upgrade PS Checkout to 2.04 - BROKEN

jgriff89

Hi all

I have just upgraded the PS_Checkout module to v2.04 and it has broken the checkout page of my site, don't upgrade just yet as it may do the same for you!

Issues: 

• it hides the radio buttons for paypal and card checkout
  • Pay with Paypal is visiable and clickable even before you select a payment option or check the terms and conditions. If a customer clicks pay with paypal before checking the terms and conditions, it comes up with a message to redirect to paypal but nothing happens.
  • It will not display order button for any other payment method except prestashop checkout pay with card or pay with paypal.

How do I roll the module back to 1.5.2, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Do you have a backup of the old version? I can share you PayPal standards module if needs be?

In regards to the upgrade ...I just posted this on the dev site:

"Will this work instead of Knowbrands OPC or will it replace it? We've had an absolute nightmare getting the OPC module working correctly and to be honest im terrified to install this new module in case it breaks our store."

Happy i didnt dive right in. Fingers crossed for you- i'll watch this thread. 

Edited by bnadauld (see edit history)

Thanks bnadauld. I managed to revert back to the old version by just uploading it and it seems to be back to normal. We Lost out on a few decent sized orders but at least it is back working now. I was only referring to the official ps_checkout module (I am not sure what Knowbrands OPC is?)

I note that on the repo n Github, v2.04 is marked as pre-release and they seem to have moved from Ajax to javascript. They also sent out an email this morning stating v2.0 of Prestashop checkout will be released on 29th October so I'm not sure why it prompted me to update to v2.04 in my store yesterday.

For anyone that has done the update and it has caused issues - you can just re-upload v1.5.2 and it should overwrite and keep your settings as far as I can tell.

• Like 1

I got prompted to update to 2.0.4 and done the update.

The only issue I got was the text was in another language.

Easily resolved in the translation tab.

Maybe something in your theme is conflicting

checkout.jpg

oh, and they have released an update to fix your problem

2.0.5: Fix missing Order confirmation button for others PaymentModule when HostedFields are enabled

This update also changes the text back to another language.

checkout2.jpg.161e4816e9ee486fa6b560c6dad68f15.jpg