Faceted search value replacer/combiner module

Hello,

I have been working on a project on BigCommerce where we used the following plugin to combine attribute values is faceted search.

https://www.freshclick.co.uk/bigcommerce-category-filter-faceted-search.php

What the plugin does is give you the option to "combine" attribute values in the faceted search like so.

Say you have the following color attributes:

- light green

- army green

- evergreen

- dark green

This module gives you the option to "combine these attributes into one" but only in the faceted search. So they will appear as green in the faceted search. But if you navigate to one of these green products, you will see the original attribute name ie. evergreen.

905106534_Screenshot2020-10-21at14_43_09.thumb.png.c2350e4369439e834abb001f976196a4.png

As they explain themseves:

Many manufactures label their colors differently, this can cause issues when trying to filter as the colors will not be grouped. Heres where our value replacer comes in. You can replace your Custom field or Product Option values directly in our app to merge the colors together so create a seamless experience for the customer.

Does anyone know of a Prestashop module or service that can do this exact thing?

Edited by odinp123 (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

What a shame that this post is not followed up. Odinp has so well explained/described/ illustrated what he needs, and it is aligned with my need.

In my case it is to group shoe sizes that are either in UK-size or EU size.
--> select size 40 (EU) should also automatically select size 6.6 (UK), since they are alike.

I found several other people on internet looking for a way to combine the filtering, i.e. to combine (or group) two values of the same attribute group (virtual attribute grouping).
--> Has anyone got suggestions, found a solution or knows of a module that can do this ?
Thanks,  Jeroen - Wincel -

• 2 weeks later...