Ebay module - advice and guide before buying

gray

As this module is the most expensive I am thinking about possibly buying. I need to get the selection right.

There are 5 different modules on the Prestashop site.

Fastbay, Ebay2, Prestabay, eBay Connector  and Knowband market place

But which one is the best and most versatile, and easy to use. After sales service, Auto syncing

Any hands on advice by anyone please.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was recently in the same boat as you. I actually went with Prestashop Store Manager as it includes ebay and Amazon integrations and they work fairly well, but it also includes a lot of killer features that are really useful for product management, categories, importing / exporting, PoS etc. It is $359, but I did find a discount code to knock a bit off so it cost about the same as the eBay module but includes amazon and loads of useful features too. You also get a 14 day free trial so I would definitely say try store manager out first to test your idea. Their support has also been really good as well.

I am not affiliated or anything just sharing my experience of being in the same boat, hope it helps.

Edited by jgriff89 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 4:52 AM, flin28 said:

i have the Knowband marketplace, 3 weeks after purchase, the module remains unusable....

I certainly was taking a serious look at this.  More because I do not run Microsoft windows. I Like the "Prestashop Store Manager" but The POS feature they mention  was a let down to me. not to say there windows based app that integrates with prestashop for inventory is not good. it seemed nice but did not really play with it.   I am keepin it in mind for ebay but really I do not want to have to run microsoft to deal with ebay. I rather a non dependant solution.  I use Linux

Flin28 Have there been any progress on making it functional.. what does it do.. I mean it must do something or its literally false fraud to sell this?!

The company seems to have it origins in India, and the "Prestashop Store Manager" in the Ukraine

Edited by Taleeia (see edit history)

Used Ebay2 with Prestashop 1.6.x , and to be honest i did not liked the support and the way module worked.

Then in 2018 i bought Prestabay and been using it with Prestashop 1.7.2.4. One tinny Prestabay update in 2019. The module is rock stable, still not able to set crontab so i have manually sync all around.

Some features might need updates or improvements (they might lack of eBay user experience) or it can be my specific eBay user account with products i sell. As you know eBay is not a friendly company for sellers, always making sellers life harder, marketplaces are different from ebay to ebay. Sometimes configuring everything according to marketplace we sell at is a pain.

From my experience between eBay2 and Prestabay, i would go with Prestabay.

On 10/18/2020 at 9:52 AM, flin28 said:

i have the Knowband marketplace, 3 weeks after purchase, the module remains unusable....

I got Paypal to refund my payment to Knowband.  I told them that the module requries paid updates for every slight change to PS so is not as advertised. Not the same module, but I expect that all their products are similar. Their technical support is well-hidden and infuriating, just replying with pretended misunderstandings.

I will defiantly stear far away from Knowband  it reminds me of the scammers on ebay. they show a picture of a item they are not selling along with the item they are selling. you msg them to confirm your getting the first picture not the second picture they are all yes yes. and you get the wrong item then they are trying to tell you you got what you ordered and or they offer a few bucks back..  glad paypal or someone has some sort of protection.   The prestashop marketplace is very controlled i think this stifles  free speech of people letting people know this group is not a good group and there product could be fraud or just plane not very good.

This looks interesting I will defiantly  spend some time reviewing this.  .

https://involic.com/prestabay-prestashop-ebay-integration#prestabay-integration-pricing

Any more good ebay modules beyond this

8 hours ago, Taleeia said:

I will defiantly stear far away from Knowband  it reminds me of the scammers on ebay. they show a picture of a item they are not selling along with the item they are selling. you msg them to confirm your getting the first picture not the second picture they are all yes yes. and you get the wrong item then they are trying to tell you you got what you ordered and or they offer a few bucks back..  glad paypal or someone has some sort of protection.   The prestashop marketplace is very controlled i think this stifles  free speech of people letting people know this group is not a good group and there product could be fraud or just plane not very good.

This looks interesting I will defiantly  spend some time reviewing this.  .

https://involic.com/prestabay-prestashop-ebay-integration#prestabay-integration-pricing

Any more good ebay modules beyond this

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and would like to inform you that module works in the same manner as advertised at the product page. The back-office demo is also available for the module. 

Can you please share your order reference number or ticket reference number so that we can check with our technical team regarding your concern. 

eBay Marketplace module has following features:

1) Connect your PrestaShop store to eBay Marketplace

2) Map categories and attributes

3) Upload products in bulk

4) Manage the inventory from PrestaShop store

5) Price Management - List products at higher or lower price

6) Order management: Manage the eBay store orders from PrestaShop store

Please check the demo of the module for better understanding of the module functionality. 

Looking forward to your response. The module has been downloaded 60+ times and have Five 5 star ratings out of 6. 

OMG

!!  I took a screenshot..  Just in case  But

I think I just got responded to from a BOT!  (again I can not confirm this is a bot but really I was even quoted wow!)

I guess they spend all there monies on fancy anti bad things to be said about the company.  To Be fair I can see this being mis read as me calling the company a fraud.  I want to be clear this is me telling a story of how this reminds me of fraud!

i did say "there product could be fraud or just plane not very good."  In saying that this company knowband might not know that they are not very good.  I can tell you many stories of professional companies that charge alot and you can tell (being someone who use to write alot of code) when a company is lazy or just not very good.   If this is not true then a real person would step in and defend them  not to mention try to make it better with a person who clearly got a product was unable to use it and got no support.   Would love to hear the response!

Clearly I never  bought the product or any product so unless there is some extreme misunderstanding of my words this seems like a bot or pre made responce. If we can not have freedom of speech then we are truly not free to discuss quality of a product! 

Edited by Taleeia (see edit history)