Xpert Blog gives 500 Error (and their website is gone)

Stephen-FFC

The Xpert Blog that came with the them I've just purchased is giving me an Error 500 the moment I try to edit a blog post.
I've seen a post elsewhere that says it has something to do with friendly URLs being on, but I can't turn them off due to some missing ID keywords

Here's that error:

Keyword "{id}" required for route "xipblog-archive-wid-module" (rule: "xipblog/category/{rewrite}.html")

Keyword "{id}" required for route "xipblog-tag-wid-module" (rule: "xipblog/tag/{rewrite}.html")

Keyword "{id}" required for route "xipblog-single-wid-module" (rule: "xipblog/post/{rewrite}.html")

On top of this, when I try to configure the module, I get redirected to Xpert's website (xpert-idea.com), which is gone leaving only a spam page offering the domain for sale.

Should I treat this as a bad joke and buy a new blog module, pursue this with the theme developer, or is there a simple fix I can apply?

(I have a second installation that has a different theme running on a different server, but using the same blogging module. It's giving me the same error.)

Edited by Stephen-FFC (see edit history)

Hello @Stephen-FFC, it might be a PHP version issue as you stated. However the error might still be there but now its a "warning" instead of an "error".
This might have to do something with deprecated features in PHP 7.3. PHP features get deprecated because they will not be supported anymore in the next PHP version because of a improved feature or for having security issues. this is why we always need to try to keep up with the security features that come along with PHP. This is extremely important for web-shops since they handle sensitive data.

Did you turn on your error/debug reporting in Prestashop?
An 500 error is just a fancy page for your visitors, when you enable debug it show you the real issue. It might be a good way to check what the issue is and try to resolve it.
Because every time you stick with an outdated version will make the next update even a bigger pain. Its a good practice to try tackle the small errors during upgrades.

Prestashop 1.7.6.7 and up runs perfectly with PHP 7.3 (running it on my own servers)

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)