Prestashop V 1.7 - Contact Form - No Name Fields resulting in Email showing "Firstname Lastname" Issue

Hi all, 

Not sure if this is the right place to post but the categories on the forum are a little hard to follow where to post. 

I have Prestashop 1.7 and the standard contact form. 

The standard form has a spot for email but not for users name so if a guest sends a contact form they get a reply to their email address saying hi Firstname Lastname instead of actual values ( as they don't exist for the user / guest) If they are a registered customer then all works fine as far as i am aware. 

Is there a work around adding fields into the conatct form or would it be better to modify the email template? 

Not sure what to do. 

ideally having extra required contact fields with first and last name would be best as that way you also know who you are talking to without having to ask for their name separately if they don't leave their name at end of message. 

I am surprised this isn't a default requirement to be honest. 

Thanks in advanced, 
Darcy

d2i contact form.jpg

4 hours ago, Crezzur said:

Hi, Thanks for that i have read your post but what if they are a guest that is not registered? 

Does this fix get rid of the firstname lastname section completely so it just greets with hello or does it only fix for capitalized emails? 

If a guest or visitor sends a contact form without registering an account what name will be displayed if none is associated with that email address? 

I either need to add name fields on the contact form or eliminate using name fields in the emails all together. 

Cheers, 
Darcy 

The "normal" contact form (contact us page) has no first and or last-name option as far as i know? which form are you referring to?

Update:
When the e-mail address is not found in the database a message will only contain Hi, if the e-mail address is found in the database it will show Hello Crezzur Company, (Tested on my server)
contact.thumb.jpg.11a17b7d29967fbd99e54150f7da9bb8.jpg

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)