No php 7.2, what to do?

Zulan

Hello! My hosting provider doesn't provide older php versions like 7.2. Because of this I can not get the latest version 1.7.6.8 running on a new site. Do you think its a wise idea to start using the beta 2 of 1.7.7.0 that seem to work and start adding products and fixing with my theme? The thing that scares me is that there is no upgrade path from beta 2 to release once it's released. I dont want all the work of adding products to go to waste. 

My hosting provider has php version 7.4.3. I have tried with 1.7.6.8 but I can't add products. It looks weird and I cant continue since it sais some fields should not be empty even though there is data in the fields. 

5 minutes ago, Zulan said:

My hosting provider has php version 7.4.3. I have tried with 1.7.6.8 but I can't add products. It looks weird and I cant continue since it sais some fields should not be empty even though there is data in the fields. 

You need to downgrade to PHP version 7.3, if your hosting provider does not support this then you need to find a new one. PHP version 7.4 was released on November 28th, 2019. Prestashop is making the necessary upgrades however they have 10.000 of files and this takes some time.

I do understand that a hosting company does not want to support PHP 5.+, The difference between 7.3 and 7.4 however is not that big (no security breaches which cannot be resolved in php 7.3)

Edited by Crezzur (see edit history)

hace 22 minutos, Zulan dijo:

Hello! My hosting provider doesn't provide older php versions like 7.2. Because of this I can not get the latest version 1.7.6.8 running on a new site. Do you think its a wise idea to start using the beta 2 of 1.7.7.0 that seem to work and start adding products and fixing with my theme? The thing that scares me is that there is no upgrade path from beta 2 to release once it's released. I dont want all the work of adding products to go to waste. 

In this case I'd recommend you to wait for some weeks to PrestaShop 1.7.7 release 🤷‍♂️

Don't use 1.7.7.0b2 as probably you will have problems to upgrade to next releases.

hace 8 horas, Crezzur dijo:

@joseantgv On the Prestashop DevDocs (https://devdocs.prestashop.com/1.7/basics/installation/system-requirements/)

" You can use our system requirements tool to easily check if your environment fulfills PrestaShop’s requirements."

When running the system requirement tool, it recommends 7.3:

reg.thumb.jpg.b75f2184797e14360773e72d113e127c.jpg

https://github.com/PrestaShop/php-ps-info/pull/17#issuecomment-704352692

• Like 1