Problem importing variations in prestashop 1.7 multisite

miguelg

Hi!

Let's see if anyone has suffered this:

I have a multisite with two domains and one language for each domain: Spanish and English.

In English from "store 1", I import the products and later the variants, everything is fine.

Later, I can import the products in Spanish, but when I import the variants, it does nothing, the products in Spanish continue as simple.

If I look at the product in English it appears as a product with variants, if I look at the product in Spanish, it appears as a simple product.

If when I import I tell it to delete the previous combinations, delete the combinations of the other language, for example English, and correctly put the combinations of Spanish.

Thank you very very much.

PrestaShop version: 1.7.6.7

PHP version: 7.3.21 (also tested with 7.2 and 7.1)

Edited by miguelg (see edit history)

On 10/1/2020 at 5:27 PM, miguelg said:

If when I import I tell it to delete the previous combinations, delete the combinations of the other language, for example English, and correctly put the combinations of Spanish.

I don't understand this sentence.

BTW: are you aware that each time you change the PHP version you need to empty the cache?

Thanks for the reply musicmaster

I did not explain myself very well and this was the key.
I wanted to say: "When I import the combinations again in Spanish, if you delete the previous combinations, then it imports it well."

I have already detected the problem.

To avoid problems I must follow these steps:

1- import the products in English from "store 1"
2- import the products in Spanish from "store 2"
3- import the combinations in English from "store 1"
4- import the combinations in Spanish from "store 1"

If I do not proceed in this way (and import combinations in spanish from store 2), then prestashop create translations of the attributes with different id and they do not relate to each other. For example, the "XXL" value of the "size" attribute, in English it has id 5 and in Spanish id 8.

Maybe there is an easier way, but at the moment it is the only one I have found

Edited by miguelg (see edit history)